Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacting support on behalf of parents

Mr_chic
Popular Poster
Message 10 of 10

Morning,

As my parents are elderly, they obviously struggle when a fault occurs.

I am not local to them which doesn't help.

There Router shows no light under the Internet section on the panel.

I have gone through the usual trouble shooting steps of asking them to power down router for a while and check cables.

I also checked  a few websites for outages, and even Talktalk website shows both no issues, and outage in London where they are located.

Is their a way of linking my account with there's so i can talk with support. Understandably they wont help without all the security questions, and i doubt parents will know.

I was on Chat with them yesterday, and they would not even tell me if their was an outage in the post code area because they could not access my parents account with the details.

Thanks

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Thanks

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 2 of 10

Routers connect to the line without any user intervention.

They will have to connect their Wi-Fi devices to the new network and that will mean they have to identify that on their devices and enter the new password which is on the back of the router.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi Karl,

Many thanks for looking into this, and sending a new Router.

I will let them know, but i will advise not to swap out just yet, as will need their 2 devices configured for WIFI.

I assume it's pre-configured, otherwise they wont manage it. I'm sure when i configured a new Router years ago(not yours, but a LINKSYS ) i had to put username/password/new WiFi key etc

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hi

All tests are clear, and I'm not seeing any issues at the moment.

I've a new router on the way to them, so we can see if it is the router that has failed.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi,

I have added under Private notes, although it still asks to save changes

Let me know if visible

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Hi,

Are you able to add it to the Private Notes section of your Community Profile?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi Michelle.

Can you help me where to put my parents info in, Is it under my profile/settings/personal information as it wont let me save anything, and looks like its asking for a new settings like email which i don't need to change.

Thanks

0 Likes

Mr_chic
Popular Poster
Message 8 of 10

Hi,

Voice is fine just Internet.

I will add parents details to profile.

Thank you

ps, are you able to confirm the Telephone number for support is 0345 172 0088 and is free from their landline. I don't them getting a large bill.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 10

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Is the voice service affected or just the broadband connection? Please can you add your parents name and home telephone to your Community Profile and we can take a look. Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

0 Likes