Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

D L M

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Chat Champion

Hi - It looks like DLM has been at again, always dropping speed but never taking it back up.

My speeds are now slower than promised (and that was slooooow to start with!)  having rebooted the router the stats show a Maximum Rate of 2,844kbps but I have an Actual Rate of 1,020kbps, could you please reset my profile.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi MarkW,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've optimised the connection as requested. Please let us know how the speed compares now.

Thanks

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Hi

Thanks for that.  Router now reporting:-

Down Max  2,748   Actual  2,045

Up      Max     952   Actual     952

Strange how the Up speed is always at or near the maximum router sync speed but the Down speed seems to have a 'brake' on it.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi MarkW,

Thanks for the update. It's possible that DLM may increase the speed over the next 24hrs now that DLM has been reset.

Thanks

Highlighted
Chat Champion

DLM increase speed.....now that would be a 1st...!

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi MarkW,

Could you bump the thread tomorrow and we'll see how you're getting on

Chris

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Last November I started a topic thread 'Back on the Merry-GoRound'.  I revisited the thread again in April and here I am again with exactly the same problem.  Groundhog Day.

Router stats after DLM ran earlier this morning

Down Max Rate 2,732  Actual 1,531

Up      Max Rate   972  Actual    763

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi MarkW

There are a high number of errors showing on the line. DLM wont increase the speed if the connection is unstable or if there are a high number of errors.

Just to confirm, is your router currently connected at the test socket? Have you tested with a different router?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Chat Champion

I give in.....someone take me out and shoot me.

Highlighted
Chat Champion

My router is now showing a sync rate of 2,924Kbps but an actual rate of only 761Kbps!  I have been here so many times before an OpenReach engineer will visit declare the line good for 2 / 2.5Mbps and the whole circus starts again.  How can a router sync at nearly 3Mbps but TalkTalk supply a service significantly less?

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Mark,

DLM has moved you to a slower profile but your SNR is also low which indicates increased noise on the line 

How many telephone sockets do you have? What other devices do you have connected in addition to your router?

Does your master socket have a Test Socket?

Chris

Highlighted
Chat Champion

The Openreach MK4 master socket is connected to the router less than 1ft away and a DECT phone base station there are no wired extensions. The master socket has a test socket.  The WiFi performance is not a problem the speed difference between wireless connection and wired Ethernet connection is negligible.

Highlighted
Community Team

Thanks. Could you disconnect the phone and then reboot the router and let me know when you've done this. You won't see a speed increase but I'll check if this makes any difference to your SNR

Chris

Highlighted
Chat Champion

All done.

Highlighted
Community Team

OK thanks, I'll take a look at this now 🙂

Highlighted
Community Team

SNR is a bit better but not really as high as it should be. 

Could you connect the router directly to the test socket and I'll check again to see if there's any improvement

Chris

Highlighted
Chat Champion

All done.

Highlighted
Community Team

Thanks. SNR has again increased a bit - do you have another router you can test with?

Chris

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Yes - now plugged in via the test socket.

Highlighted
Community Team

Thanks Mark,

The SNR has improved again so I've arranged for optimisation to start again tonight to see if we can get it to settle on a faster speed. Can you leave the router connected to the test socket for the time being and bump the thread again on Friday and we'll see how it's getting on

Chris