would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

D-Link-DSL-3782 update

22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted
suppress1
Team Player

Can I have my router updated to the new firmware also not very happy with the speed of my internet it is definitely a lot lower than it should be and that's by your measurement I find Talk Talk such a difficult company to deal with why do I have to come on here to get my my service sorted and they want me to sign up for another 2 years very frustrated slow Wi-Fi keeps cutting out switches off often ain't no joke anymore

Victor Meldrew on steroids
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi suppress1

I have updated your router firmware to the latest version.

In regards to the speed, please can you power down your router for a full 30 minutes and then run a speed test following this?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
suppress1
Team Player

Done everything that has been asked everything that is recommended my my broadband is still running 9 to 10 below guaranteed speed very very very very frustrating it has never reached the speed that I was promised getting just very fed up I don't think it will be long until I stop paying

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi suppress1

I've checked the connection stats and the line test is detecting a possible fault with your landline service.

Please can you make a couple of test calls from your line to see if there is any noise?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
suppress1
Team Player

It seems my landline is not working at all I cannot hear anything on it little bit of interference tells me line is in use but will make no calls definitely something wrong

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi @suppress1

We have requested an engineer to go out to the exchange in the next 48 hours. 

We can check the fault ticket on Friday for an update

Regards

Highlighted
suppress1
Team Player

This is going to be the last time if after the engineer has fixed problem my Wi-Fi does not have run at the speed promised I am stopping payment it has never run at the speed promised I don't use my house phone which is why I have not noticed but obviously the phone line has not been working for a while so I am paying for a service that is not working now from the start you lot have been very quick to take charges from me when promised you are not I can bet you won't give me back the money for the service not provided please do not test me I will cancel payment I have a phone contract with BT I have regular contact with BT asking if they can take over the broadband they are willing to buy your contract I think BT might be better

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi suppress1,

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience, please bump the thread on Friday and we'll check for updates 

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
suppress1
Team Player

The last time this happened when I checked my account you took £75 for an engineer visit that was nothing to do with me I better not get a charge like that again as I have said I am at my wits end I am on my last leg with TalkTalk I will repeat because I repeated it the last time and you still put another charge on my account do not take money for your problems if I had not back checked my account that time you would have kept the money

Highlighted
Community Team

You shouldn't get charged but if for some reason you do just let us know 

Chris

Highlighted
suppress1
Team Player

Steel capped at 26 megabytes never goes above obviously this has to do with the quality of your internet I am supposed to be guaranteed 39 megabits this has to be TalkTalk carping the maximum speed TalkTalk are breaking their contract I'm not paying for slow intermittent broadband this needs to be sorted

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi suppress1,

Apologies, once the voice fault has been resolved then we can look into the broadband speed further.

Thanks

Highlighted
suppress1
Team Player

Other fault has been fixed don't tell me you will fix later it is still slow I now give you notice I am ending this contract I will stop payment of direct debit , when I tell you it's not the speed it should be I know what I'm taking about 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi suppress1,

Your router is now in sync at 40Mbps, can you run a couple of speed tests and let us know how you get on 

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
suppress1
Team Player

Right this is the last time your speed has went down to 23 megabytes it's now slower I do not want to do this I do not want to be writing stupid letters I'm getting empty promises your broadband is half the speed it should be I have warned you I am not paying for this service come next debit day you will not get your money I am not accepting slow Wi-Fi it's a disgrace how many days have I been at this now fix it or no money thank you today I am going to check my account and I better not find any any charges for some engineer knowing that you like to sneak charges on you are now taking the *@#][!![]'#[@#]!*

Highlighted
suppress1
Team Player

Extremely *@#][!![]'#[@#]!* off extremely *@#][!![]'#[@#]!* off

Highlighted
suppress1
Team Player

Ok let's do this nice you know my contract guaranteed me minimum 39 megabytes your speed has never reached 39 megabytes no guaranteed to me means guaranteed you are breaking your contract and I am not a person that worries about people taking them to court for money because I know I usually win now I promise you if my speed does not reach 39 megabytes before next payment day I will withhold payment do you think I need Wi-Fi I'm 52 most of my life it was not invented I can happily do without it give me what was guaranteed or take your equipment and leave me alone

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

All line tests are clear and the router is connecting at 40mb.

Can you please run a wired (not over WiFi) speed test at  https://myaccount.talktalk.co.uk/speed-checker/

This will allow us to see the physical throughput speed that is coming down the line.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
suppress1
Team Player

So the small print is going to say that my WI-Fi doesn't need to run at 39 is it it will only run 39 through wired very misleading do not appreciate that I will reply no more I will decide what I'm going to do

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

WiFi will always be a little slower than a wired connection as it is a transmission over the ait and can be susceptible to interference from multiple sources.

Before we investigate this aspect, we need to confirm the speed received 'wired' is correct.

Thanks

Karl.