Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DG8041W Router Kernel Panic Random Restarts

aarong_96
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

Good Evening,

Over the last couple of weeks, my router is experiencing random restarts (confirmed by uptime following restart) and upon checking the user logs following the restart. Cause seems to be due to a system Reser due to a kernel panic. No idea what is causing this, however I have noticed in other older threads that a software update was developed to resolve this issue. My router is currently on version v1.05t, there doesn't seem to be a way of self serving & acquiring the update file,

Can anyone confirm what the latest version should be & where I can get hold of a software update / fix for the issue?

Extract from user log for reference -

1981-01-01 00:00:10 [Error][Alarm-Log] AlarmID:104001,AlarmLevel:Error,Device reset. Cause: System reset due to kernel panic, Terminal:OTHER

Thanks,

Aaron

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

No problem, just let us know if you need any further assistance 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Great, thank you!

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 4

Hi Aaron,

i've updated the router and this should be ok now.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes