Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLM reset please

marqous
Whizz Kid
Message 39 of 39

Hi, the bt engineer has been today to fix a landline fault, could you please reset the DLM as the fault has slowed the broadband down.

cheers

M

0 Likes
38 REPLIES 38

Message 21 of 39
If you think that could be the problem then by all means
0 Likes

Message 22 of 39

Hi marqous

Would you like me to send a replacement router and filter for testing?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 23 of 39

fibre not available here.

speed back up to 1.4 - 1.6 today but still seems unstable. it's a while since we tried a different router filter though.

0 Likes

Message 24 of 39

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've re-run the line test now which is clear and I can see that the sync speed has increased this morning. If the speed is still varying at the test socket with 2 different routers, cables and microfilters at the test socket then the next step would be to arrange an engineer visit to the property.

Is fibre available to you?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 25 of 39
Nope still very slow - tried resetting the router - no better, and can't log the fault on talk talks helpline as it's out of hours.
0 Likes

Message 26 of 39

currently gone very very slow: download 0.14mb/s (upload still 0.6mbps and phone sounds fine) - I'm hoping it's doing a temporary re-cal or something as it's going to be a nuisance if it doesn't recover soon.

0 Likes

Message 27 of 39
one - the master socket. It's now connected directly to the test socket.
0 Likes

Message 28 of 39

Hi marqous,

Your current sync speed is 1.94Mbps. How many telephone sockets do you have?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 29 of 39
currently into the master socket as the BT engineer fitted a new faceplate; I can try it in the test socket again.

Was syncing at 2.2 before the line fault IIRC
0 Likes

Message 30 of 39

Hi marqous

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults and the line is in sync at 1.8mb.

Is the router currently connected at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 31 of 39

still at 1.5  ; It was running 2 - 2.1 before the phone fault - is there still a fault on the line?

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 32 of 39

Hi marqous,

Ok, please let us know if you need any assistance.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 33 of 39
ok thanks Karl;
yesterday and today: 1.5; will wait and see.
0 Likes

Message 34 of 39

Hi

I've reset the dataport and optimised the line. This is also set for overnight optimisation.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 35 of 39

up to 1.7 yesterday; but back down to 1.3 today. it was usually 2.0 - 2.1 before the line fault.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 36 of 39

Morning marqous,

I'm really sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've reset DLM now as requested. Please let us know how your speeds compare over the weekend.

Thanks 🙂

0 Likes

Message 37 of 39
make that 0.5Mbps
0 Likes

marqous
Whizz Kid
Message 38 of 39

the broadband seems to be getting slower (0.6mbps) despite the short on the line being removed. Have you reset the DLM as requested yet?

0 Likes