Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS server not responding

Moony
Team Player
Message 15 of 15

Hi,

I have looked through the many suggestions re this, and am finding it all quite confusing.

One suggestion is to "Log on to your router" - what does this mean?

I have simply gone into Google to establish if it is set at "always on". I have typed in 192.168.1.1 then admin in both username and password, but it just recycles to a blank username/password screen.

When the DNS message appears, I have discovered that if I shut down and restart my PC it restores the internet - but not for long.

Can you help please as I am at the end of my tether with this.

Many thanks.

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hi,

If this is only happening on your device it sounds like it could be related to the device itself.

Do videos play ok on other video sites. 

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Moony
Team Player
Message 2 of 15

No,

It occurs on my computer but not my wifes.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Hello,

Just to confirm, does this occur on more than one device?

Thanks

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 4 of 15

It would be very strange for that to be caused by a replacement router, does this affect all devices that you try to watch a YouTube video on, or only one device ?

EDIT : Ooops, @ferguson beat me to it !!

ferguson
Community Star
Message 5 of 15

On what device is this? It is very unlikely that this issue can be caused by your router. 

Moony
Team Player
Message 6 of 15

Hi Chris

I have redeived the router and correctly installed it, and now, anything fromYouTube has severe colour problems, e'g., reds are blues etc.

Can you help please?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

I've ordered the router, it should be with you within a couple of working days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery

Chris

Moony
Team Player
Message 8 of 15

Yes please - I thought that Debbie had already done this -= hence my question

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

The router will generally arrive next working day, would you like me to order one for you?

Chris

0 Likes

Moony
Team Player
Message 10 of 15

Hi Debbie,

When can I expect my new router to arrive please?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

Hi Moony

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Moony
Team Player
Message 12 of 15

Hi,

My router model is a D-Link DSL3782

My PC is connected to the router via WiFi

My wife's PC is adjacent to, and connected to the router by Ethernet cable and there is no apparent problem with her PC.

My router is not connected directly to the BT supply socket as this is high up on my garage wall and there is no room for a router to be accommodated there. I am 77 and disabled and would not be able to access it anyway even if it could be accommodated there.

I have updated my Community Profile as requested.

MTIA

Moony

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 13 of 15

Hi @Moony,

What model of router do you have (it should be mentioned on the label on the back) ?

Is your PC connected to the router via an ethernet cable, or is it connected using wireless ?

Do you have any other devices (wired or wireless) that are connected to your router, are they affected with the same problem ?

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

The staff here won't be around now until Monday, but they should be able to respond to this post early next week to help.

martswain
Philosopher
Message 14 of 15

Only VERY old routers have admin as both username and password for logging in at 192.168.1.1

Most recent routers and newest HUBs have admin as the username and an individual password printed on the back of the device.

It may be under a pull out card (which is for WiFi ONLY) and is different to the WiFi SSID password.