Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSL-3782 Router Dropping Connection

pbar100
Enlightened One
Message 15 of 15

Hi, I have a DSL-3782 TalkTalk router which is dropping connection daily. I have only used this router for a few days, prior to this I used my own Netgear one which was perfect.

Is this a known fault with these or is there a firmware upgrade available perhaps.

Thank you.

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hi pbar100

Thanks for keeping us updated.

I will take a look at your other thread now.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

As promised, I said I'd report back and certainly since the 'upgrade' to fibre the connection has been more constant. Still disconnects but it does re-connect itself. However, I have another related problem which I'll start a new thread about.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Hi pbar100

Ok no problem 🙂

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Thanks very much Debbie, for your quick reply and very helpful suggestion.

I don't wish to trouble you unecessarily, so with the TalkTalk fibre upgrade rollout reaching me tomorrow, it makes sense for me to wait until that's complete, and see if the issue remains after that.

As it may solve itself, who knows. Either way, I shall post back and let you know.

Thank you again 🙂

Message 5 of 15

Hi pbar100

Apologies for this.

Would you like me to send a different make and model of router for testing?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Unfortunately, after what looked to be a promising fix, I've been suffering with frequent dropped connections, at least once or twice a day at times.

My own previous Netgear router was fine. The TalkTalk routers do seem quite flaky, but they are given away free after all. I would still expect it to work though.

It is important for me to have a reliable connection, as when away from home I view CCTV cameras, so a dropped connection obviously stops this.

When it happens, all router lights usually remain green as normal, but on occasion either the broadband or internet lights have shown red. I do believe it is just the unreliability of these routers.

I am about to have a non requested upgrade to fibre however, so will see if it is still the same then.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Hello,

Thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear this 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

@Chris-TalkTalk  Thanks Chris, I appreciate it.

All good so far, no drop outs since 'always on' was enabled. Here's hoping!

Message 9 of 15

OK pbar100, just let us know if you need any further assistance

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

The line in question is ADSL. You're misunderstanding a little though, all lights are normal (no red), as there has been demand but the router's WAN appears to not wake up as it should. Which is why I think it may be faulty.

As mentioned, I have enabled 'always on' which will elimate the sleep/waking process for the WAN and will post back with results.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

"Always On" only affects ADSL, do you have ADSL or VDSL?

If you have ADSL & "Always on" was not enabled, you would notice that the Internet light goes red during periods of inactivity. 

However, from your previous replies, it would seem that the Internet light does not go red.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

Update - I have changed the WAN configuration to 'always on' to see if this helps.

Thought I'd mention it as I don't wish to needlessly waste any support staff time or resources.

I shall post back if issue persists and/or to inform of results in case it helps anyone else.

Thanks very much.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 15

Thanks for your reply, I have experience as a PC engineer so am familiar with troubles like this, it does seem to be a flakey router. Does seem to be quite common with these. Previous Netgear router was perfect. And the usual advised checks are already done.

Status lights appear normal during the drop out. And yes, wired connection affected also.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 14 of 15

No, it is not a known problem at all & therefore needs investigation.

Please can you elaborate by answering these few questions:-

1. What is the exact status of the lights on the front of the router when this happens?
2. If you have any wired connections, are they affected in the same way as wireless ones?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?