Did you mean: 
Need help?

DSL-3782 Router blocking VPN access

8 REPLIES
Highlighted
markTalkl1970
First Timer

Good Afternoon

I have also had an isue for some months where both myself and my wife cannot access our VPN's.  I was promised a new router from talktalk back in November but this never happened (an ongoing complaint). Please can someone advise me how to fix this issue as apparently TalkTalk do not support this.

Thank you

Mark

markTalkl1970
First Timer

Hi

Since we got this router back in August we have had several issues. the main one is not being able to work from home as neither myself or my wife can access our respective VPN's.  I spent a whole day on the phone back in September and have raised more than one complaint on the treatment I received.

Please please can someone help as I can see the problem is not just with me.

Also the talk talk TV box does not support netflix. You start watching a programme and a few seconds later you are disconnected. I have not had the patience or time to report the netflix issue to talk talk but hope others have had similar issues.

thanks

Mark

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Mark

I've drawn this topic to the attention of the TalkTalk Community support team. An OCE will respond to you right here to help you.

You'll need to ensure your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your landline phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and save changes. The OCE will then be able to link this topic to your TalkTalk service account.

The DSL-3782 in its default condition isn't necessarily suited to working with a VPN but don't worry, the OCE can fix that. What VPN client or service do you use?

Leave your router powered, with remote management (TR069) activated (TR069 will be activated by default), and the router connected to the line until you hear from the OCE's.  They'll check the router and will have options to discuss with you including:

• An exchange HG633 router OR
  • A firmware update, if available (new firmware is likely in April)
  • Setting the DNS settings other than to the default TalkTalk DNS
  • Setting the MTU as required for your chosen VPN

An OCE will be able to arrange to send you an exchange router or set up the existing.

Gondola - I'm a TVPlus customer *
Community Team

Hi Mark

Apologies for this.

I can send a replacement router (HG633)

Please can you update your Community profile to include your name, telephone number and alternative contact number, we can then look into this further (Please do not post this information on this thread)

Please bump this thread to confirm once your Community profile has been updated.

Thanks

Debbie

markTalkl1970
First Timer

Hi

thanks for reply. 

Not sure what VPN servce we use to be honest.

I have updated my profile. Best time to contact me is after 6:30pm so I can be near the router.

Hope to get the HG633 as I ahve read this is a better router.  Aslo have had spped issues and problems with Netflix.

Thanks again

Regards

Mark

markTalkl1970
First Timer

Thanks for reply Debbie

It would be great to get a new router as I have had such issues with this one.

Ive updated the profile  now.  New to this posting threads so hope I have done what you say

Kind regards

MArk

Community Team

Hi Mark

The HG633 router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

markTalkl1970
First Timer

Hi Debbie

Thanks for sending new router. I think the connection is a lot better and we have made more progress on the VPN isuues we had.

So far so good..

Thanks again

Mark

Community Team

Hi Mark,

The HG633 does resolve the VPN issues so you should have no further problems.  We hope to have a firmware update for the 3782 model to also resolve VPN issues in the near future.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat