Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

DSL-3782 VPN firmware update

16 REPLIES 16
Chatterbox

Hi,

I seem to have the same issue as everyone else in my DSL-3782 not allowing me to access a VPN I need for work. Apparently there is a firmware update for this available which I would like. Is there a way of getting a firmware update without starting a forum thread as I tried to ask about this issue on a call on saturday and they said there wasn't anything they could do (answer to this would be useful for other people reading this thread I guess).

Thanks.

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi maxre

Please can you add your TalkTalk telephone number to your Community Profile, I can then update your router firmware.

Thanks

Debbie

Chatterbox

Hi Debbie,

I'm unsure as to what my phone number is as we only use broadband services. Is there any additional information I can supply from the router instead?

Hi maxre

Please can you send me a Private Message to confirm the name on the account, I can then locate the details from the details provided (in Community Profile)

Thanks

Debbie

Hi maxre

Thanks for the Private Message.

I have now updated your router firmware, please can you retest and let us know how you get on?

Thanks

Debbie

Chatterbox

It still doesn't seem to be reworking. Do I need to press the reset button on the router or should it be working already?

Max

Hi Max

Apologies for this.

Please can you try rebooting the router?

If you are still experiencing this issue then we can send a HG633 router.

Thanks

Debbie

Chatterbox

I'm sorry it still doesn't seem to be working even after a reboot.

Hi maxre,

Would you like me to send a HG633?

Chris

Chatterbox

Yes please Chris.

Hi maxre,

I've ordered the router, should be with you within a couple of days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery

Thanks

Chis

First Timer

Hi Chris,

Would you be able to update my DSL 3782 firmware too please. Many thanks.

Kind regards,

Victor

Hi Victor,

I've pushed out the new firmware, the update should complete within a few minutes. If you do need any further assistance following the update can you please start your own thread and we'll be happy to help

Chris

First Timer

Thanks Chris much appreciated.

Popular Poster

Hi guys

Exactly the same problem

Bought the DSL-3782 which worked fine at first. Had unrelated problem where both of my near-identical PCs took ages to restart, so I didn't unless essential. MS update 1903 last week fixed this on both PCs, but internet performance became incredibly slow. TalkTalk fixed some line problem automatically, but after that I lost VPN access. VPN provider said they've often had problems with TalkTalk ISP, so talk to you about the router blocking of VPN

Your txting service person thought that VPN requires static IP not dynamic. I'd be interested to know if it's the router or TalkTalk that blocks VPN

So, I think I need that firmware update too. Currently running 1.10t on the router

If update not available, I've bought a router that doesn't do what I need 😞

Already lost a few days work because of this, so looking forward to your urgent reply !

Cheers

Hi Aardvark1,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you create your own thread and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks