cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

DSL 3782 not supporting Global Protect VPN

15 REPLIES 15
Chatterbox

Hi have read on here that this router will not support my use of a VPN. Grateful for confirmation of this or advice on how to alter the settings to allow me to use it. 

Valere

Community Star

Is your 3782 running firmware V1.08 or 1.10?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Popular Poster

Hello Valere I have the same router and the same issue. I have been trying to find similar threads that can help. I now know that my firmware is supposed to be ok...

Currect Firmware Version: v1.10t

Community can somebody help us please? I can not find a thread that solves this and am getting exhausted trying to find the answer.

I am on my work lap top trying desperately to solve it - I manage NHS services and need 24.7 access.

I did call the helpline and they said that it wasn't Talk Talks issue and to try the community. but it seems that it is something to do with talk talk system. I have managed to log on via a kind person who let me tap into their Sky broadband to test where the issue was, and the global protect / VPN didn't have any problems.

Popular Poster

Hello Keith I have the same problem... I am on v1.10t. Please can you help.

Community Star

Hi @LizzyDoubleYou 

If you want help, you cannot use someone else's thread.

To get help, you must start your own thread. To create your own thread, go to the main page for the board in question & click the "Start a topic" button.

TalkTalk insists on one thread per problem per customer. Please note, TalkTalk makes the rules, not me.

If you give me the address of your own thread, then I will ask TalkTalk to consider changing your router out for an HG633, which should resolve the issue.

Thanks.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.

Popular Poster

oh ok thank you Keith, sorry to you, Talk Talk and Valere... I imagined the idea of the threads was to collect people with the same issue. I will start my own thread now. 

Thank you for helping. I am exhausted.

Lizzy

Community Star

Hi @Valere 

I have escalated your problem to TalkTalk for their attention, as @LizzyDoubleYou has already informed me that this VPN client does not work even if your router is running firmware V1.10.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Valere

Apologies for this.

I've checked and your router has the latest firmware version.

Can I just check if you are able to connect wired? If you are connecting wireless have you tried splitting the SSID's?

You could try splitting the SSIDs on your router and testing the connection between the 5gh channel and the 2gh channel, some devices operate better with just 1 channel selected. 

Log into the router  (192.168.1.1 etc ) and manually change the SSID (Wi Fi) name of the 5ghz channel.

I often find it is better to keep the 2 broadcast channels separate.  For example, I have changed mine, and call one Home2Ghz and the other Home5Ghz.  Some devices can drop the connection when the SSID's remain the same.

Also, you can try manually setting the wifi channel  for each broadcast channel. Try channel 6 for the 2ghz channel and 44 for the 5ghz channel.

Give this a try , test with both SSID's and see if the connection improves.

Thanks

Debbie

Chatterbox

Hi 

@OCE_Debbie

Hi Chris

Thanks for your reply.

There should be a sticker on the back of your router with the login details for the admin page (this is a separate sticker to the wireless password) 

Can you see this on your router?

Thanks

Debbie

Chatterbox

Hi

@OCE_Debbie 

My laptop doesn't support a weird connection (using the kit I have). I have tried the wifi solution you suggested. 

I'm afraid it has not made a difference.

Do you have anything else to suggest? 

Valere 

Hi Chris

I've ordered a different make and model of router for testing, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Chatterbox

@OCE_Debbie 

Thanks

Chatterbox

@LizzyDoubleYou 

Hope you have resolved your problem. The solution seems to be to move to a router with different firmware. 

Valere 

Hi Chris

No problem. Please let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Debbie

Hi Chris

Have you received the replacement router?

Thanks

Debbie