Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

DSL3782 Cisco Anyconnect VPN Issues

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
First Timer

Hello Team,

I have been trying to debug the exact same problem here when trying to connect to my office VPN network using the DLINK DSL-3782 router. The connection to VPN is successful but unable to send/receive packets over VPN.

Other devices are able to work okay. Reading through various posts , I think it is the same problem trying to get Cisco AnyConnect to work on the talktalk network.

I use the same VPN Client on a sky router that works perfectly. Can someone please assist.

Thanks !

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @mstanviverma

Thanks for starting your own topic in order to resolve the VPN issue.  Community is definitely the best place to get this fixed but because of the Bank Holiday weekend there will be a slight delay.

I've drawn this topic to the attention of the TalkTalk Community support team. An OCE will respond to you right here to help you ASAP.

I think you may have already done this bit but ensure your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your landline phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and save changes. The OCE will then be able to link this topic to your TalkTalk service account.

The DSL-3782 in its default condition isn't necessarily suited to working with all VPN's but don't worry, the OCE can fix that.

Leave your router powered, with remote management (TR069) activated (TR069 will be activated by default), and the router connected to the line until you hear from the OCE's.  They'll check the router and will have options to discuss with you including:

• An exchange HG633 router OR
  • A firmware update, if available (A VPN compatible update is due soon)
  • Setting the DNS settings other than to the default TalkTalk DNS
  • Setting the MTU as required for your chosen VPN

An OCE will be able to arrange to send you an exchange router or set up the existing.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi mstanviverma

Apologies for this.

I can send a HG633 router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
First Timer

@Gondola@OCE_Debbie  - Thank you for your responses.

I have tried some tweaks as suggested by @Gondola and have had some success with the VPN connectivity. I would like to monitor this for a week as it is a little hard to believe that it has worked 🙂

In terms of the tweaks , I had to do the below :

1. change the default DNS settings in the router. I switched to google dns instead of the default talk talk supplied. Finding the DNS settings page is no easy task on the DSL 3782 router. There was a post in the community which had a direct link to the DNS settings page, I dont have the link at hand but will post it here again later.

Post the DNS change, the VPN connection was stable but still there were intermittent packet loss.

2. I tweaked the MTU size on the router. Reading on some posts on the community here and some googling , I found out that the Cisco VPN client has a default MTU of 1406 and TT router had MTU size of 1432

Adding 1406+28 ( think this is some best practice / pattern ? ) meant I was at a size of MTU size 1434 which looked 2 bytes over !

Changed the MTU size on the router to 1492 and that seemed to get the packets going.

I would like to monitor this for a week and reach out again if I need a replacement router.

Thanks for your help and prompt responses ! Looks like a bank holiday weekend spent troubleshooting was worth it  in the end 😉

p.s : I wanted to add screenshots of the before and after but dont have access to my personal laptop up until the weekend.

Highlighted

Hi mstanviverma

Thanks for your reply.

Please let us know how you get on and if you do experience any further issues.

Debbie

Highlighted
First Timer

I'm having the same issue with my new Talk Talk Super Router. My service started today but I am unable to work over Cisco any connect VPN. I can connect to VPN but then am unable to access email or websites once connected. 

How do I go about getting a firmware upgrade, or alternative router? I've included my phone number in personal info. I already contact tech support via chat, but they merely suggested getting a business account. I don't think that will necessarily resolve my issue. 

Thanks in advance. 

Highlighted
Community Star

@Zuriburu You have latched onto an old topic here, best to start your own and the support team will gladly help.

Highlighted
First Timer

According to TT (https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Check-your-MTU/ta-p/2205407) the MTU of your DSL3782 has to be 1500. My DSL3782 was pre-set with 1432. After changing it to 1500 my VPN Cisco Anyconnect workes fine (at least for the moment).

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Please can someone assist me - I have the exact same issue with Cisco AnyConnect and my TalkTalk connection. I have spoken at great length with Customer Service about this - both myself and my IT team. 

All I've been told is that TalkTalk no longer provide VPN access and that's that.

I have a contract until June with TalkTalk that they will not allow me to exit from without full fees. I work from home 3 days a week!

Absolutely shambolic service but please someone help! I can see other threads where people are receiving replacement routers or changing settings - why does TalkTalk customer service not offer this to me?

Highlighted
First Timer

Hello,

I also have this problem. How do I get a replacement router and will that router give me the same broadband speed as the DSL-3782?

Thanks

Highlighted

@hledsome 

Apologies for this.

Please can you create a new thread, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
First Timer

I seem to be having these same problems with Cisco AnyConnect. What do I need to get this resolved? Thanks

Highlighted
Community Star

@maujgb Start your own topic and you will get help.