Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Damaged phone line outside my house

martinhk
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

My phone line was installed less than a month. Last week, when I looked at the line in my garden, the coating was damaged, probably eaten by rat.   I still have service and it is not causing danger to anyone.  I can see it may be broken by bad weather and the service will be affected.  In order to prevent it from happening, I want to report and have it fixed.  

I know the line was put by Openreach, and my service provider is TalkTalk.  

Am I supposed to contact TT ? or Openreach ?

Martin
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Jill Oakley 

Call Openreach on 0800 023 2023 (option 1). 

You can report things like:

• loose cables or cables dangling from telephone poles
  • damage to your property or personal injury.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 7

@Jill Oakley, you must never ever post personal information details on the open forum pages. 

Please go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard. This is to complete your community forum profile details for TT staff to identify your account. 

You must also return to "help with your Talktalk service" and post your own thread in the billing section.

Click on start a topic. Your own post will then be in a queue for attention and staff will respond later in the week.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Jill Oakley
First Timer
Message 3 of 7

Damaged property and car bonnett when line came off wall outside. I need a claims form (XXXXX personal details removed for SECURITY REASONS)

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi martinhk,

The next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further, to do this can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

To confirm you're the account holder can you reply to me via PM (Personal Message) with the following information: 

• Full Name
  • Home telephone number or account number
  • Are you the account holder
  • 1st and 3rd characters of your telephone password

NOTE: If you don’t have a telephone password why not add one now check out Setting up your telephone password for details

If password is unknown, confirm the below:
  • Your registered email address:
  • Your registered mobile phone number:  

Note: Please do not post personal information directly in the Forums.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Thank Mikem for looking into this.  I would say that the job was done properly.  There may be rats damaged the phone line.  

My personal information was updated properly and you should be able to find my account and address.

Martin
0 Likes

Mikem
Support Team
Message 6 of 7

Hi @martinhk 

I'm sorry to hear your outside cabling has been damaged. I have passed this onto the team to pick up. Before we can look into your account please can you add your home phone number to your Community Profile so we can locate your details. Please do not post any personal info on here as it’s public.

Mike

0 Likes