Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay in video calls & price increase

GKousinas
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

I have had delays when video calling for long time now. When I tried the customer service live chat I was told that my broadband is fine. After being persistent about the issue as I have tried all the suggestions recommended to me, I was told that the channel was changed in my router and I should allow for 24 hours and monitor my connection.

It seems nothing has happened and I have tried several things in my router to fix this. Once again I have tried to contact the live chat but it seems it is not available (within working hours). After trying to make a complaint I realised there is no email address I can send to rather than option to call (waited for hours and nothing happened), send a letter or live chat (not working).

Moreover, my bill has increased for a reason I am not aware without talktalk notifying me.

I want to cancel my broadband as I am very unhappy with talk talk but it seems customer support is very poor and I cannot contact them.

Greg Kousinas
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi

Can you try separating the Wi Fi channels to see if 2.4Ghz or the 5Ghz wifi works better for your phone connection / video calls.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

The only delay I noticed is when I video call. This is through my phone which is connected wirelessly. I have compared it with mobile data and it works fine while when I am connected at home network there is huge delays.

Greg Kousinas
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Morning,

I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault and the connection stats look good. Can I just confirm, how does the connection compare if you connect wired? If the connection is ok when connected wired then we can offer more advice in regards to the wireless connection.

Thanks

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

If you would like the support team to look into this for you it will help if you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.