Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnecting and non- existent wifi

Andy Bozza
Team Player
Message 55 of 55

Hi all

Having a real issue with my WiFi over the last week. For the past few months everything has been great; but last Monday devices across the house kept being disconnected and I've had  nothing but problems since. I keep resetting the router, then having to reconnect devices with the password etc,  but even then some devices are saying there is no connection to the Internet. When there is connection, it is sluggish and intermittent. So annoyed as everything has been great since I got the new router last year, how can it suddenly be going so wrong? I have done line test which says there is nothing wrong, but there clearly is! Any suggestions?

Andy 

54 REPLIES 54

Andy Bozza
Team Player
Message 1 of 55

Great thanks Chris. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 55

OK, I've raised a complaint on your behalf as requested, someone will be in contact ASAP to discuss your complaint

Chris

0 Likes

Andy Bozza
Team Player
Message 3 of 55

Thanks Chris, 

Happy to be contacted in anyway. Assuming the conversations and detail in this thread will be included or accessible by whoever looks into the complaint aswell?

Thanks again for confirming and following up

Andy

0 Likes

Message 4 of 55

Hi Andy,

I can raise the complaint on your behalf, how would you like to be contacted?

Chris

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 5 of 55

No worries, he possibly can, but he may want to know what it is your complaint is about. 

0 Likes

Andy Bozza
Team Player
Message 6 of 55

Thanks Feguson, however my assumption is that Chris is a direct employee so this will be escalated via him ? Chris if I am mistaken then please advise

Thanks

Andy

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 7 of 55

There is a complaints link at the bottom of ever page, best of luck. 

0 Likes

Andy Bozza
Team Player
Message 8 of 55

Hi Chris

In that case I need to escalate it to the complaints department please as I am not, and have not for the past 4 weeks, been receiving a satisfactory service or indeed the service I am paying for.

Look forward to hearing from you or a member of the complaints department asap. 

Many thanks 

Andy

0 Likes

Message 9 of 55

Hi Andy,

I'm sorry but we can only arrange the engineer visit if you accept potential charges

Chris

0 Likes

Andy Bozza
Team Player
Message 10 of 55

Hi Chris

Many thanks for that, I have followed the link and answered accordingly.

To confirm- no I am not willing to accept potential engineer charges 

Yes available all those times and days 

Thanks

Andy

0 Likes

Message 11 of 55

OK, if you'd like us to arrange an engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges

• Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

•  

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details

Chris

0 Likes

Andy Bozza
Team Player
Message 12 of 55

Hi Chris 

I think having tried everything as suggested and continued poor performance that is really the only and best next step so yes please. 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 55

Hi Andy,

We can arrange a visit from one of our engineers to check your setup, if you'd like us to do this please let us know and we'll confirm some details

Chris

0 Likes

Andy Bozza
Team Player
Message 14 of 55

Hi Michelle, 

Thankyou for your constant support. 

Screenshot_20211007-080456_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20211007-080333_Samsung Internet.jpg

20211007_162100.jpg

20211007_155055.jpg

It actually seems worse today, been on 4 work calls and all 3 have disconnected due to bad WiFi and again we're having to use our phones connection. 

I really am tempted to plug our old WiFi router in as this connection seems slower and just as likely to cut out. There must be something else that can be done? This is really frustrating 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 15 of 55

Hi Andy,

Ok thanks for confirming. How has the stability been since your last post and since the router has been connected at the test socket?

Thanks

0 Likes

Andy Bozza
Team Player
Message 16 of 55

Hi Chris

No the router wasn't connected to the test socket,  but it hasn't been for years and everything was working great up until a few months ago as outlined in my first message.

I have now plugged it into the test socket so will see how this is over the next few hours . I'm glad you were able to verify it has disconnected from the Internet today, and that is the issue we've been having for a few weeks. We are having to tether to our mobile phones so we don't get cut off during important meetings which isn't right. 

Thanks

Andy 

0 Likes

Message 17 of 55

Hi Andy,

All wifi channels appear to be congested and I can see that there have been some disconnections from the Internet. Is your router currently connected to the Test Socket

Chris

0 Likes

Andy Bozza
Team Player
Message 18 of 55

Hi Debbie,

No not using any powerline adaptors. There is improvement in speed and connections don't drop when the laptops are closer, but the iPhone have issues even when sat next to the router.

We've also had the same disconnecting issue today woth the  new router as we did with the old one, twice this morning we lost all internet connection and the router box was flashing Amber. This lasted approximately 5 mins each time. Round about 10a.m and then again around 11ish 

0 Likes

Message 19 of 55

Morning,

Can I also just confirm, are you using any powerline adapters? Is there any improvement to the wireless speeds on these 2 particular devices if you bring them closer to the router?

Thanks

0 Likes

Andy Bozza
Team Player
Message 20 of 55

Sorry just to confirm those photos are from this evening but are representative of what speed we have been getting - appreciate wired networks will always give faster speed .

0 Likes