Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Dlink 3782 VPN Isiues, Router login problem

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Chatterbox

So I got this Dlink 3782 replaced 2 times and yet still have VPN issues it connects but you can't even open a webpage It's so slow and second problem after some time the router access page does not work anymore so I can't access my settings to change things. I had a web chat with Tech they can't do anything about it so pls help

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Star

There are known VPN issues that are fixed with firmware V1.10.

However, once a VPN client connects, it is assigned an IP address from the VPN server and it is no longer on the 192.168.1.x IP network, so you won't be able to access the router's web management UI until you drop the VPN connection, this is perfectly normal.

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and upgrade your router's firmware for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi shadowraven89,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've checked and the router currently has the latest version of firmware. Just to confirm, does this affect wired and wireless?

Thanks

Highlighted
Chatterbox

hello, Michelle thank you for the reply yes it's, either way, wifi and LAN.

I had nothing but issues with this device it works for a month, the access part that is then it locks me out.

So I can't even access my router settings so to change my wifi pass or just general stuff and then the VPN issue basically 0.010Mbps connection download takes about a good 1-3mins to open a page.

I can't remember what device I had ages ago before replacement and take note this was the 2nd Dlink 3782 that got replaced but as of now, no VPN and no access I have a brick in my house think this router needs to be scrapped. 

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi shadowraven89,

Ok thanks for confirming this. Would you like us to send a HG633 router for testing purposes?

Thanks

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hello Michelle 

Yes at this point I try anything to be honest, do i have to pay for this? 

Thanks 

Highlighted

Hi shadowraven89

There will be no charge for this router. Please let me know if you would like me to go ahead and send the router.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi 

Yes Please Thank you

Highlighted

Hi shadowraven89

The HG633 router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router 🙂

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hello Debbie

Thank you very much I will let you know as soon as I set it up, hopefully, the speed issue will get fixed in the process too whenever I do a service status it's telling me (Your broadband connection could be better) but one problem at a time.

Thanks again

Highlighted

Hi shadowraven89

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie