cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Do I need to return my old router or can I recycle it myself separately?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
First Timer

My 12 month contract has ended with Talk-Talk and I have terminated my account at the end as I am moving somewhere where wifi is already included. I have had the same router equipment for 2 years whilst I held two separate contracts.

I keep receiving emails to return the equipment to Talk Talk to recycle however I have many boxes currently in storage and can't find the router. The numerous emails from Talk Talk asking me to return the router to recycle are stressing me out and making me anxious and concerned I'm going to be charged (although there hasn't been any mention of that in the emails but a quick online search shows that some get fined) and I can't find any clear advice online.

As I have had the same router for 2 years I thought the router was mine to recycle however and whenever I decide or must I locate the router and send back to talk talk to avoid being charged??

Please help me as I am worrying a lot over this!

Highlighted
Community Star

For staff to identify your account,  please complete your community forum profile details,  @Helena12345.

Go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard; make sure you put in your landline phone number and a fallback mobile phone number; click finish to save. 

Staff will reply during business hours Monday-Friday. 

Gliwmaeden2
Highlighted
First Timer

Hi @Gliwmaeden2 thanks for your reply, I updated my profile details after your message but still haven't had a reply to my question. Is this something which you can help with?

Highlighted
Community Star

They only work business hours,  @Helena12345, and they process oldest to newest posts.....so every time we post, unfortunately, the thread gets pushed back in the workflow.....!

It can take a couple of days or so to get a response from staff, so best not to post again before you hear back from them. 😊

Gliwmaeden2
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Helena,

Sorry for the delay. If you are out of contract then you can either recycle the router yourself or alternatively we can send a router returns bag?

Thanks