Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Does anyone have a clue ?

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Team Player

Saturday night the phone line going from the street pole across the road to my house was broken in the wind. Woke up to no phone or Internet and could see the cable laying in the road.

Got on chat to Talktalk and explained what had happened and then got disconnected.

went on chat again to confirm that the report had gone through OK, the second person I spoke to didn’t seem to have a clue, as in NO CLUE. Told me to ring 0800150111 which is BT for BT customers, while on the phone to BT I was still in chat and explained that this was BT but he would not change his mind

Anyhow BT told me that the number dialled was not for Talktalk customers and cut me off. 

logged into service dashboard and could see a fault report so assumed I would hear something. Nothing heard so went on chat yesterday, was told an engineer would be out either yesterday or today and would get an email or text.

again nothing so tried the text number I’ve been texting since Sunday with no response and finally got a reply, again useless.

Told me that no home visit was required, lots of texts back and forth and no real progress and still no clue if Openreach are actually coming today.

Highlighted
Community Star

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Looks like BT have been out on this one in the last hour.  They need to run a new drop wire and need access to the property so will need to confirm an appointment with you.

What day is best for you?

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Team Player

Thanks

Apparently they did come out but as I had no confirmation that they were coming or given a straight answer from either the chat system or the text message system I was not prepared to take a full day off work at expense to myself.

They are now booked to come in the morning before 1 PM so with any luck this will be resolved by lunchtime.

Highlighted

Hi

Glad to hear this.

If you need any info or assistance after this, just give me a shout.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Team Player

Appointment was for between 8:00 and 13:00, time is now gone 12:00.

I have had no phone call or SMS from Openreach so I think it’s now safe to assume that I’ve taken a morning off work at my own expense for nothing. TalkTalk have my mobile number as they have been texting me on it so there is no excuse for failure to notify me.

So at what point do I throw in the towel and conclude that they are not going to bother showing up ?

I will of course wait till the end of the appointment slot before going to work, however the next appointment I’m afraid will have to be at TalkTalks expense as I can not afford to loose 5 hours wages just to take another morning off work because an engineer failed to turn up.

Please advise the correct address to send my invoice. 

Maybe I should Just get the cable out of the road and connect it back to the house myself, it’s only 2 wires so hardly rocket science. 

Highlighted
Team Player

Openreach have just phoned to say that they  don’t have a cherry picker in the area for a few days and don’t know when it will be ??

So still have no real idea.

Its hilarious that so called communication companies are unable to communicate very well.

Highlighted

Hi, Pat-Ramsgate,

I'm really sorry about the delay, the very bad weather has probably resulted in a high demand for engineers and cherry pickers, hopefully they'll be able to get one soon

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player

Just to follow up on this.

Saturday AM at 7:42 my mobile starts ringing, and again, and again.

i answered it to be greeted by “Phone Engineer here , just putting your new cable in, and I’ll be in to test when I’ve finished”

OK , great it’s being done but I need to go to work at 8:30 and you can do it all from outside ?

”yep but I have to come in and test when finished”. 
how long will it take ?
”don’t know, shouldn’t be too long”

If I’m not in work by 8:55 then I lose that mornings work. My Son is only 15 so I could not leave until he had finished testing which was about 10:00.

So I had to cancel another mornings work, and am further out of pocket.

I've yet to have any contact from Talktalk regarding compensation for either my time off work or for loss of service for a week. Although I would be happy to accept an offer of them putting my property on the FTTP trial when it goes live in our road.

So a couple of further things to mention:

The Openreach guys we’re brilliant, polite, quiet and cleared up after themselves.

There had been a Cherry picker working to cut down the bushes and trees to gain access to the pole on Thursday afternoon, however this it seems was not the one ordered by Openreach to do my repairs, it appears to have been an outside contractor called in for other work being done to the pole.

it turns out that all the poles on are road are all having FTTP installed on them, most of the poles on our road have the Outlet boxes and fibre installed already and the rest are being done at the moment 

Highlighted
Philosopher

You do not get compensated for your time or loss of income.

Martin
Highlighted

Hi Pat-Ramsgate

If you feel that you are owed compensation , please follow our complaint process 

Regards