Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download 0.5 and Upload 0.2 again for the 3rd time in 3 months

idevilk
Team Player
Message 9 of 9

Okay so again, since yesterday, my internet has gone extremely slow to a point that it is unworkable.

On the last 2 occasions, I spoke to a pretty decent bloke at talktalk who understood the lingo as I am a 3rd line engineer and raised it with BT straight away who on both occasions came out and spent time on site, found a fault and fixed within couple of hours.

Note, this line speed issue I get, the line tests come back Okay and nothing indicates an actual physical line problem.

I rang up yesterday and gone through every troubleshooting step with a lady. Who at the end of the conversation just said, just monitor your connection till Saturday (2 days) and then report back to us.

I was surprised that I have been told to do that when I clearly explained to her that it needs raising with BT.

Long story short, I hung up on her as after nearly an hour on phone, I wasn't getting anywhere.

and to be honest, as it stands we haven't got any far today.

I do not know whether talktalk is doing anything to fix the internet.

I do not know whether they have spoken to BT

I do not know what and when are they going to fix it

What I do know is that come end of contract, I am not renewing and moving away to someone who can assist in a professional manner and in a timely manner and is clued up and doesn't try to tell porkies to the customer like just monitor for 2 days and call back on Saturday.

Why should I call back you back and why should I monitor the speeds ? 

the service and whole experience is just ridiculous and unreal.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear this. You would need to call our Loyalty Team to discuss any cancellation requests.

Thanks

0 Likes

idevilk
Team Player
Message 2 of 9

Hi,

Can my contract be cancelled ? By the sounds of it, its not getting fixed anytime sooner. I might as well go with someone more reliable.

What is the procedure to cancel contract.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi

Dig work by Openreach is scheduled for the 16th August and we will have no further updates until this is completed.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

idevilk
Team Player
Message 4 of 9

so its been 5 days now, internet still crap. nothing heard from talktalk. great service

0 Likes

idevilk
Team Player
Message 5 of 9

note to self: mustn't renew talktalk upon contract end.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hello,

If you don't receive any further updates in the next 24/48hrs then please post back here and we can re-check for an update on this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

idevilk
Team Player
Message 7 of 9

Hi Debbie,

I know as I was stood with them, there were 3 of them. My problem is though with your services team, when I originally called up about this on Thursday, the operator wasn't even acknowledging it as a fault and just fobbed me off and wanted me to call back after 2 days and update..

Even BT engineer says the line tests are okay but they had to run another test which identified the problem

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 9

Hi idevilk

I can see that this fault is already with Openreach and the engineer has advised that dig work is required.

This fault is still in hand with Openreach.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes