Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download speed below guaranteed speed

j99roberts
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

Hi,

For the last 2 weeks my download speed has been half what it usually is and is below the guaranteed speed talk talk say they can provide. Usually it is 12-14mb down but it currently is struggling to reach 6mb. Guaranteed speed is 8mb.
The talk talk service centre can see there is a problem and has claimed openreach have been out but there is no change and no engineer has visited the house. 

Please can I get some advice or help. How can I get my speed back?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi j99roberts

Thanks for your reply.

The engineer visit has been arranged for 12/10 AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Debbie

0 Likes

j99roberts
First Timer
Message 2 of 7

Hi Debbie,

tomorrow would be great. Can they do a weekend? 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi j99roberts

Thanks for confirming your details.

Please can you also provide your availability for the engineer visit?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi j99roberts

I can see that this fault has been raised to Openreach and they are now requesting that we arrange an engineer visit.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

j99roberts
First Timer
Message 5 of 7

Thank you for replying. I have updated my profile with the information needed. 

I will try the test socket tomorrow. 

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi @j99roberts,

Have you tried switching the router off for over 30 minutes since the fault was (allegedly) fixed, that will reset your session and can sometimes help.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

If you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem (although you may need to leave the router connected at the test socket for 72+ hours before you would start to see a speed increase if this was the cause of the problem).