Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downstream speed

Ckell
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

Hello,

Just wanting some advice. When I signed up to faster fibre I was told my speed would be between 29 and 40 Mbps. I am currently connected at 26 with my router connected directly to the master socket. 

I am quite close to the exchange as I was connected at 15Mbps on my Adsl connection. Can someone advise? Thanks

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Ckell,

I've just received an update to advise that the fault has been passed to BTOR for further investigation.

Thanks

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 7

Hi Ckell,

I've requested an update from our Network Team now. If you don't hear back by the end of today then please can you bump your thread and we can re-check this again for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

@Chris-TalkTalk Still no change. Is this being looked into as the router has not lost connection for nearly 2 days when I restarted it ?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

OK thanks. I've raised this to our network team for further investigation. Can you bump the thread tomorrow and we'll check for updates

Thanks
Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Hi chris

There are no other devices or cables connected, just the router cable plugged in. I have a pre-filtered socket, so yesterday I unplugged the cover and connected to the test socket via a filter. Same speed. Thanks

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 7

Hi Ckell,

Welcome to the Community, sorry to hear that your speed isn't as expected 

How many telephone sockets do you have? What other devices do you have connected in addition to your router?

Does your master socket have a Test Socket?

Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service such as noise on the line?

Thanks 

Chris

0 Likes