Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropping connection every 10-20 mins

Tetrafractal
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

Hello,

My broadband is showing signs of being unstable. It normally works fine, but in the last day or so it has started dropping the connection every 10-20 mins (the normal fixed light changes to red/amber, then flashing before returning to the normal light). All cables and connections tested and working normally, including wifi. I've tried power-offs and a warm reset via the router page, but there's nothing I can find at this end to solve it.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi Tetrafractal

That's great, thanks for letting us know.

Debbie

0 Likes

Tetrafractal
First Timer
Message 2 of 5

Hello,

Whatever it was, it got better over that first weekend and has been ok since thank you.

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Hi Tetrafractal

I'm sorry for the delay.

Have you added the correct landline number to your Community Profile? (please do not post the number on this thread)

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi @Tetrafractal,

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

The TalkTalk staff on this community will also be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a day or two. You may get faster support from the live chat or calling customer services on 0345 172 0088 during opening hours.