Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Dropping connection

4 REPLIES 4
Newshp
Sightseer

So after spending an hour on live chat, going round in circles. All my connections are correct, I am not going to check them over and over. 

My router seems mostly fine at night time, but drops constantly during the day. 

The online chat person came to the conclusion that there was a problem with my "home environment".

I have tried a different router but the problem still occurred. 

If everything is connected correctly as it has been for years, what do I do now and how do I get an engineer to help.? 

KeithFrench
Community Star

Please can you elaborate by answering these few questions:-

1. What make/model of router do you have (if this is a TalkTalk router, these details will be on a label on the rear or underside of it) and what firmware version is it running?
2. What is the exact status of the lights on the front of the router when this happens?
3. If you have any wired connections, are they affected in the same way as wireless ones?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team

Hi Newshp,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • TalkTalk Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Bobbireedy

Ive tried everything i think i need a replacment router and send this one back when gaming it just lags and connection keeps dropping 

Community Team

Hi @Bobbireedy

Please can you create a new thread, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie