Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of contract - renew issues

dhwalt
Popular Poster
Message 5 of 5

My existing Fibre 35 contract ends November 2021. I was offered the Fibre 65 package with Alexa etc but chose the basic Fibre 65/prepay.

I now find that the Fibre 65 has started immediately rather than at end of the Fibre 35 contract and in the process my monthly payment for Fibre 35 has been deducted from the Fibre 65 account. It would have been sensible for TalkTalk to take a final Fibre 35 payment then start Fibre 65 or even start Fibre 65 at the end of the Fibre 35 contract! The payment differences are small but why create this confusion?

I tried a telephone call to clarify but gave up when my mobile number was requested. Can I cancel Fibre 65 - return to Fibre 35 - restart Fibre 65 in November?

Thanks

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 5

Hi dhwalt

As martswain advises the contract starts straight away, but you will still be in you cooling off period, So I would suggest calling our Customer Loyalty Team during Business hours (Monday to Saturday 10:00am to 18:00pm) on 03451720046 

They can help. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

In the circumstances I am not renewing my account of +10 years. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 3 of 5

The mobile number is used as a form of ID check in the course of Chat or Telephone conversations with Talktalk. 

It does mean that we need to be able to remember which mobile number is recorded in My Account. 

As Martswain says, @dhwalt, contracts can only be renegotiated through phoning up again. Changes take effect within 24 hours.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 4 of 5

Contract changes take place the moment they are agreed.

You need to call to see if you can revert to your previous contract, staff here cannot process contract changes.

When you call they should only ask for your landline number and telephone password.

0 Likes