Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet issues

NotFred
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

I seem to be having issues with wired connections to my router. No wired devices can access the network or internet (and receive IP addresses 169.* instead of the usual 192.*).

At the same time wireless devices operate fine and have internet access, making me suspect the issue is with the ethernet connectivity to the router (superhub), and not the onward connection to the internet.

Router details are:

Product type: HG635
Hardware version: G.1.01
Software version: v1.14t

During debug I have tried juggling ports / cables, and have now thinned the network to one test PC connected to the hub. I have also at various points performed both standard and factory resets to both the router and the PC connection settings. Router is configured for DHCP, and PC is configured to obtain IP addresses automatically. I have attempted setting them manually to no avail.

Through all debug, there are occasional bursts of life which then fail again with the same symptoms after an hour or so.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

That's great news, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

NotFred
First Timer
Message 2 of 6

Quick update on this. I have experienced no issues since the new router arrived 👍

Message 3 of 6

Hi,

Please let us know how the connection compares 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

NotFred
First Timer
Message 4 of 6

Thank you, that would be great!

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hi

I'll get a replacement router out to you to rule out a hardware issue.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes