Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Every other device connects normally and has internet connection apart from Laptop

paulrankin
First Timer
Message 10 of 10

My fathers laptop (windows 10) connects via WiFi to his router (talk talk) but has no internet connection. All other devices connect normally and have internet connection.

Connecting the laptop with Ethernet works and has an internet connection. I have taken his laptop to my home network (virgin) and it connects normally with internet connection over WiFi.

I have forced the laptop to forget his WiFi connection then renewed the settings.

Hope someone can offer some good advice.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

martswain
Philosopher
Message 1 of 10

@paulrankin if you can connect to the SSID but get a "no internet" warning, right-click the WiFi icon on the taskbar and one of the options will be "Troubleshoot problems"

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

I'd just initially check that the router is visible in network and internet settings, this can be accessed via a icon on right of the task bar. Any router in range should show

Chris

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi Chris yes I rebooted router the laptop can see the router and connect via WiFi but has no internet connection if I remember I did get a dns error in his browser sorry I can’t check for a couple of days what should I be looking for

thanks Paul

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Yes both are valid address ranges. I would try rebooting the router if you haven't already and then search again for available networks. If other devices are connecting  to the router by wifi then it's not likely that anything has been changed on the router.

Chris

0 Likes

paulrankin
First Timer
Message 5 of 10

Thanks Michelle 

Will have another look in a couple days. But if I think logically about it as I connected with no problems on my own network that possibly points to a setting on his router not his laptop.

he has HG633 router which settings might have changed.?Only difference I can see between his and my network settings are his local ip range is 192.168.1.* while mine is 192.168.0.* but both are valid local addresses?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Hi paulrankin,

If you search for wireless networks from the laptop do you see the TalkTalk router?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Thank you

I already ran network diagnostics it could not fix the connection

Not really that familiar with Windows 10 most of my experience is Apple Mac

Understand there are a few things you can try to do with checking the wireless adaptor under update & security / troubleshoot/ additional troubleshooter / network adaptor

But won’t be able to run this until I visit in a couple of days

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 10
0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 9 of 10

Run NETWORK DIAGNOSTICS on the computer.

0 Likes