Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extend broadband to shed.

Dougief
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

Hi .

I have my router in the hall next to main bt line. I have tps to the next room connected to my free view box.

I now have a smart tv in my concrete shed approx 15 yards from the tp link beside the Fv box.

The signal is quite poor for smart channels and even my phone when in the back garden.

What would be the best solution to increase the signal to the shed.

Thanks.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Dougief
First Timer
Message 1 of 8

Thank you both for the advice.

I'll get on it

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 2 of 8

Yes because that set is an older standard, You want the current ones between the router & TV (I think) and a second set, ideally AV2.1 minimum, giving speeds up to 1Gbps between the units, one connected to the router & the other in the shed.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi

I would try the one plugged into the Freeview box in the garage just to make sure it works first. I have a TP-Link WPA7510 powerline wireless adapter in my garage which is about 16 meters from the router and 8 meters from the house. I also have powerline adapters for the Tv and youview box downstairs and another for my Pc an iMac and a network printer upstairs (with a 5 port switch)

all working together without any problems.

Just get another adapter for the garage and pair it with the one in the Freeview box . JOB DONE

Mark

0 Likes

Dougief
First Timer
Message 4 of 8

Hi. 

Would I need another set then. So I will have 2 plugged into the router and the other in my shed?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 5 of 8

As they are on the same ring, then you should be able to use a separate set of WiFi extenders (the sort that are two units, one connecting to the router's LAN port & the other is the extender, connected back via powerline technology).

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Dougief
First Timer
Message 6 of 8

Hi Keith thanks for reply.

Yes same ring main.

To link  model TL-PA4010.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

Is the shed on a different electrical ring circuit to the downstairs power sockets (separate fuse/circuit breaker in your consumer unit). 

By TPS, what do you mean? I assume from later in your description this is a TP-Link product, but what model number and this is where you are trying to get your WiFi from in the shed?

There are a couple of possibilities when I know the answers to my questions.

Keith

0 Likes