Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External cable guard damaged

J-A-T
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

Hello.

The external cable guard on the outside of my property is damaged, exposing the wires.

Who do I contact to get this replaced?

Photo attached for reference.

Thanks 

IMG_20210302_144836553.jpg

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

ferguson
Community Star
Message 1 of 8
0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

OK thanks, just let us know if at any time in the future you'd like to go ahead with the visit

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi. There is no disruption to the service even when it's raining therefore we do not require an engineer to attend the property at this time. If there is any change in our service, we will make contact with Talk Talk. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hello,

Is the service also unaffected even when it it raining?

We can't recommend someone else to repair the cover, however we can arrange an Openreach Engineer visit  to your property if you would like to go ahead with this? We just have to advise of possible time related charges,

We’ll send an Openreach engineer to carry out checks in your property or garden. If there’s a fault outside of your property, the engineer will complete any necessary work on the network or at the exchange. The maximum potential charge for your appointment is £65 and it will show on your bill as Engineer charge.

Engineer charges

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hello Michelle.

It isn't currently effecting our service.

Unfortunately we don't know how it became damaged but would like to repair it so that the service remains uninterrupted.

We would be prepared to fix a replacement ourselves if you can a recommend a supplier? It is only the cap/cover that is broken.

Thanks.

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 6 of 8

@J-A-T  Physical damage on your own property is normally the responsibility of the homeowner, so any repair may be chargeable.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 8

Morning,

Can I just confirm, is this also service affecting, for example any noise on the voice service or affecting the broadband connection? Do you also know how it came to be damaged?

Thanks

0 Likes