cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

FAST5364 keeps dropping line - is upgrade required? h/w or f/w

andy_doddington
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 11 of 11

I have a TalkTalk router, FAST5364, S/n N7181504N002434, H/w version FAST5364 3.00, s/w version SG4K10002816t, GUI version 3.7.8.

For some time now, I have been losing my internet every few weeks, which i have been resolving by restarting the gateway. Is it possible that this is down to a hardware issue, or might I need a firmware update?

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Morning,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

I've ordered the router, it should be with you within a couple of days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery

Chris

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Please send a new Huawei hub

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Hi andy_doddington

I replied to your last post on Tuesday

Your firmware is current, there is just a new one being rolled out soon.

Would you prefer to wait for the FW (this may be after Christmas now) or are you happy for me to still send a Huawei hub?

andy_doddington
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 5 of 11

is anyone there??

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Hi andy_doddington

Your firmware is current, there is just a new one being rolled out soon.

Would you prefer to wait for the FW (this may be after Christmas now) or are you happy for me to still send a Huawei hub?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

I guess that's the best option. Given that the problem only occurs every few weeks, an absence of errors wouldn't tell us much, but it's getting pretty long in the tooth so a h/w refresh wouldn't be a bad idea. Out of interest, how far behind is my current version? Are release notes anywhere?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Hi andy_doddington

We do have new firmware for this router but the roll out has been paused at the moment.

Would you like me to send a Huawei WIFI hub for testing to see how the connection compares?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

andy_doddington
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 9 of 11

Done - please reply.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 11

Hi andy_doddington

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes