Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP order placed - no go live email

oidarwazeh
First Timer
Message 12 of 12

So, I'm already feeling regret for leaving BT. The FTTP team seem so overwhelmed everytime I call.

So I placed an order with TalkTalk over the phone on the 31st August. They didn't confirm the order until the 9th September at this point BT told me that TT are taking over the line. Over a week, but wasn't in a rush. My annoyance is in the lack of communication. I got my go live date as the 22nd Sept in this email saying that closer to this day I would get a dispatch email for the FTTP 500 package (eero pro 6) and this would be with me ready for the switch.

Today is Monday the 20th. No email. No package. Nothing. Not even an account number for the service I'm supposed to be paying for in 2 days. I've not even had confirmation of the DD being set up from my bank yet. I called TalkTalk and they have no idea when it'll get sent out. They are sending a temporary router in the hope it would arrive at least for the go live date. At this point my internet with BT will cut out and will need a router.

This is half a rant and half a plea for help. I would like answers. I'm already feeling regret for leaving BT. The FTTP team at TT seem so overwhelmed everytime I call. If someone could please chase this up. I've just got a newborn and we use a tonne of smart products that I just don't need the stress having this not work.

Thank you.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi oidarwazeh,

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this issue, I'm really sorry that we can't offer any further assistance

Chris

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 12

To create an account they mean online, rather than paper billing etc.

You'd need to choose your password. Follow this up with Chat.

Even if forum staff worked in this area, they would only reply during business hours. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

oidarwazeh
First Timer
Message 3 of 12

So I've been onto the live chat and they are not sure of the progress of the order. They have a go live date. They are asking whether I want to create an account. Surely one would be created for me? I just want my router sent out and connected up. I now have radio silence from the member of staff in the chat. Does anyone have the power to check an order number for me, or a telephone number to a manager? I can't seem to get an answer. Please PM if you can help so I can give over some details. Never been so frustrated in my life.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

I'm getting onto them now again. Difficult when I'm working. Few days ago. Thanks again.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that. Unfortunately we can't provide specific support for Future Fibre (FTTP) via the Community. When did you last live chat the team as they should be able to assist with a FTTP order number?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk I have on a number of occasions. Last time they were unable to do anything because I only had an order no. but no account no. as nothing has been created yet. Still don't have it. Meant to go live tomorrow.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 12

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. Have you tried to contact the Future Fibre Team via Live Chat? They should be available from 9am.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Will do @Gliwmaeden2! I think I'll have to.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 9 of 12

Staff on here have to stick to online communication only, @oidarwazeh.

You could perhaps raise a complaint through Chat so that someone closer to the top had to take ownership of the problems?

It must be very bewildering. I'm sorry, I am only another customer and only have Fast Broadband as even FTTC is not available to me, so no experience of this.

Here is the usual link to Chat via this page:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-live-chat-team/ta-p/2230529

Opening hours for the main services are listed there.

Guidelines for raising a complaint:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Raising-a-complaint/ta-p/2204670

oidarwazeh
First Timer
Message 10 of 12

@Gliwmaeden2 thank you. It would be nice to have someone call and explain everything. I feel like I'm entering into a pilot scheme. Tempted to just go ahead and cancel. So disappointed.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 11 of 12

The admin for Future Fibre does seem to lag behind the promises somewhat at the moment, @oidarwazeh.

There is a support hub here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/FutureFibre/bd-p/FutureFibre

Our new community star, @KrystalineD may be able to help and advise.

Staff will be back on here during the day, but their area of expertise is with Fast Broadband,  FTTC, phone lines etc. It's likely that they will send you back to the Future Fibre team that you have already been speaking to. 

0 Likes