Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failure to meet MGALS

CiaranW
Team Player
Message 5 of 5

After a number of posts still little help from TalkTalk including after calling them multiple times they have failed to give me any assistance with this issue. 

l8nXhpq

They continue to deny the fact that it's an issue on their end saying it's nothing to do with our internet yet our link rate is <1MB/PS.

DnDiHnR

This has been the fastest in weeks with an average being ~750KB/PS.

Further tests signal that our speed is at maximum 2.06MB and that's on rare occasions with the connection dipping to sub 1.5MB frequently. There's 3 possible causes, a damaged line, a faulty router or TalkTalk have limited the connection speed. 

Ext:

This was all tested whilst wired

We don't currently have a home phone connected

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 5

Hi CiaranW,

I'm sorry for the delay in responding and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which has detected a potential voice fault. Just to confirm, is the voice service still ok? Does your master socket have a test socket?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

5 days, 2 threads, 5+ calls and still no assistance from TalkTalk.

Honestly this is just disgusting.

I had more help from members of this community more than official TalkTalk staff, if this isn't resolved shortly our contract will be cancelled and I believe since TalkTalk are completely unable or unwilling to meet our minimum guaranteed speed any extra charges for cancellation are dropped. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

Borrowed one today, line sounds perfectly clear, not even a tiny bit of static.

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 4 of 5
As you noted in your edit, you need to check the phone line as a matter of priority, preferably with a corded phone.
Check for any odd noises and ensure you have a dial tone and the ability to make and receive calls.