Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast Fibre upload speed <2Mbs

MikeG47
Team Player
Message 37 of 37

Getting frustrated with delays when doing supermarket ordering online.  Link repeatedly freezes so tasks seem to take forever!

Could this be due to broadband upload speed issues?  (Speed checks consistently indicated speeds around 2Mbs whatever time of day or night carried out.  Download speed is around 36Mbs.)

Have Fast Fibre, PC to Router is by cable.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
36 REPLIES 36

Message 1 of 37

Hi Mike

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Debbie

MikeG47
Team Player
Message 2 of 37

Hi 

BT Engineer called today and after about 2 hours of work he managed to solve the issue by what he referred to as re-porting our line.

It took a fair bit of patience on his part as he found that the incoming line to the house had a working capacity of 52 Mbs down / 18 Mbs up so no immediate problem found with OR kit.  He also confirmed TT router set to be capable of 40/10 but could not be made to deliver more than 37/2.   After what I think he said was re-porting he achieved 37/8.  Have no idea whether this resets Open Reach or TT equipment or both.

Good news is that the problem looks to have been fixed.

Best wishes

Mike

Message 3 of 37

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

MikeG47
Team Player
Message 4 of 37

Many thanks.

Mike

0 Likes

Message 5 of 37

Hi

I've got this booked in for Thursday 16th PM (1-6).

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

MikeG47
Team Player
Message 6 of 37

Hi Karl

I'm happy to arrange a date now if your links with Open Reach can accommodate my lack of availability.

I can be at home on 15 & 16th September this week, then 28th, 30th September and October 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th before going away again for the best part of 3 weeks.

It would be helpful to have the issue resolved before the end of my current contract with TalkTalk which is on October 27th.

Would you please see what you can doe for me in arranging an Open Reach Engineer visit.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

0 Likes

Message 7 of 37

Hi

Ok, would you like to arrange the visit now or wait until you are back ?

Karl

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

MikeG47
Team Player
Message 8 of 37

Hi

Thanks for your speedy response.

As all else has so far failed to resolve the issue I think that would be a good idea.  I will be away from the end of the week for about 10 days so we may need to juggle a bit with dates if that is ok?

Mike

0 Likes

Message 9 of 37

Hi,

Thanks for the update. Would you like us to arrange an Openreach Engineer Visit?

Thanks

0 Likes

MikeG47
Team Player
Message 10 of 37

Hi

Engineer came and looked at the set up on September 9th and found nothing wrong.  He did say that he was more used to investigating down load problems rather than upload.  He did a few speed tests and noticed that an instantaneous upload peak of about 7 Mbs which very quickly dies away to around 2 Mbs.  He suggested that this might be an Open Reach equipment problem.  Since then I have checked with a neighbour using BT broadband and measure an upload speed of around 18 Mbs and the measurement immediately to with 1 or 2 Mbs of this and held there during the test.  Not sure if this is relevant but thought it might indicate that Open Reach equipment is cable of a lot better than 2 Mbs.

He suggested I wait 72 hours before contacting you again to see what can be done next.

Any ideas??

Mike

In the mean time

0 Likes

Message 11 of 37

Hi Mike

Apologies for this.

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

MikeG47
Team Player
Message 12 of 37

Thank you Debbie.  I very much appreciate your help although I have found the process from the start to this point somewhat tedious.

I know its not your or your colleagues fault as I assume you are following the TalkTalk mandated script.

Hope the rest of today's challenges are much more straightforward for you!

Best wishes

Mike

0 Likes

Message 13 of 37

Hi Mike

Ahh Happy Golden wedding anniversary 🙂

I have changed the appointment to 09/09 9am - 12pm.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

MikeG47
Team Player
Message 14 of 37

Hi Debbie

Sorry, no as the 4th is our Golden Wedding anniversary and we won't be at home.

What about September 9, 11, 13, 14 or 15?  (All a.m. or p.m.)  There is little point any later than this as we'll be near the end of my contract date with TalkTalk. 

Thanks

Mike

Message 15 of 37

Hi Mike

Thank you.

I've checked and there were no appointments available on the dates you provided. Apologies for this.

I have provisionally booked the engineer visit for Saturday 04/09 9am - 12pm. Will this be ok?

Thanks

0 Likes

MikeG47
Team Player
Message 16 of 37

Thursday 2nd September am or pm

Wednesday 8th September am or pm.

Mike

0 Likes

Message 17 of 37

Hi Mike

Thanks for confirming your details.

When would you be available for an engineer visit AM and PM?

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 18 of 37

Hi Mike

Thanks for your reply.

I can arrange a TalkTalk engineer visit for you.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

MikeG47
Team Player
Message 19 of 37

Hi

I have finally managed to test the upload speed from an alternative wired device, my son's laptop.  The results are more or less the same as found and reported previously: TalkTalk test 37.5 Mbs down/ 2.0 up, Sam Knows test (suggested in Message 7 below) 37.6/ 1.93.

Message 5 below suggests an engineer visit.  As the router upload speed measures approximately 10Mbs there would appear to be no issue with the Open Reach equipment so, unless you suggest otherwise it would seem best to arrange for a TalkTalk engineer to see if he or she can resolve this issue.  Would you please arrange this for me.

Best wishes

Mike

0 Likes

Message 20 of 37

Hi Mike

Thanks for your reply. Please let us know how you get on.

Debbie

0 Likes