Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Faster Fibre - what's going on?

31 REPLIES 31
Bluzman
Participant

I've been with TT for quite a few years now, in June of this year I renewed my contract and opted to upgrade to the Faster Fibre service. For the first couple of months I was pleased with the 45mb I was getting. Definitely worth the extra money I thought. But, since August this year the speed has dropped and is consistently hovering around 15-20mb. I've checked all connections at home and done all the tests suggested, but there is no improvement in speed at all. Also, some of my recordings on the YouView box are now freezing, pixellating or completely stopping when being played, something I never experienced before. As you can imagine this is very frustrating, as I am paying more money for a service that's inferior to my previous one. I have tried to use the chat option on the website but that seems to be constantly out of action. Can someone from TT please help/advise. Thanks.

KeithFrench
Community Star

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team

Hi Bluzman

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults and your line is in sync at 42.1mb.

Please can you power down your router for a full 30 minutes and then run a wired speed test following this?

Thanks

Debbie

Bluzman
Participant

Thanks Debbie, I'll try that and let you kno0w the result.

Community Team
Bluzman
Participant

Debbie, you are a digital angel. I switched off as requested, waited 30 mins and now the speeds are 37mb download, 11mb upload. Much better - thank you.

Community Team

Hi Bluzman

Thank you 🙂

I'm glad to hear that the speed has increased.

Debbie 🙂

Bluzman
Participant

One final thing Debbie, although the speed has improved it is still well below the 49mb to 75mb band I'm paying for,  Can you wave your digital wand and improve it even more?

Community Team

Hi Bluzman,

Just to confirm, does your master socket have a test socket? If it does have a test socket then would it be possible to connect the router at the test socket for at least 48hrs to see if DLM increases the sync speed any further?

Thanks

Bluzman
Participant

No, my master socket does not have a test socket.

Community Team

Hi Bluzman,

How many telephone sockets do you have?

Do you have anything connected to your telephone socket(s) in addition to your router?

Chris

Bluzman
Participant

Hi Chris, I just have the one telephone socket which has the phone and router connected to it.

Community Team

Hi Bluzman

I've checked and your current sync speed is within the predicted speed range for your line.

If the connection remains stable and errors are low then DLM may increase the speed further.  DLM monitors and makes changes to provide the best balance between speed and stability for your line.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Debbie

Bluzman
Participant

On 20th September I received an email from TT saying they have detected a problem with my broadband connection and that an engineer would be contacting me to arrange a non-chargeable visit to sort it out. I've heard nothing as yet (25th Sept today) but they did say it could take up to 5 working days to contact me. Hopefully it will happen and then I'll update the post on the outcome of the visit.

Community Team

Hi

Do let us know if they make contact.  If no contact received by tomorrow let us know and we can see whats happening.

Thanks

Karl. 

Bluzman
Participant

Will do Karl, thank you.

Community Team
Bluzman
Participant

I received a phone call yesterday and the TT engineer is now booked to come next Monday morning (30th Oct).. I'll update the post after the visit,

Community Team

Hi

I'm hoping you mean the 30th September 🙂

Please let us know if the engineer is able to help.

Thanks

Karl. 

Bluzman
Participant

You're right Karl, 30th Sept it is!