Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty Router

AnybodyHome
Whizz Kid
Message 12 of 12

Hi,

I received a new router when I changed package in April.  For the last month the broadband connection has been up and down.  Just randomly keeping cutting out, the broadband light on the router keeps going red and then comes back after a while.  I've tested the line and it is fine, I've tried plugging it directly into the BT master connector but still the same.

I had a similar problem previously and eventually a new router solved the problem; I don't have a spare router.  As this router is only 5 months old could you please send me a replacement .  

Cheers,

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

AnybodyHome
Whizz Kid
Message 2 of 12

Thank you!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hi

I've raised this to our logistic team to investigate and make sure you are not charged.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

AnybodyHome
Whizz Kid
Message 4 of 12

Hi Debbie,

I returned the faulty router on 27th September using the supplied TT returns envelope and according to Royal Mail it was delivered on 29th September; I've got the Royal Mail receipt.  However, I've today received an email asking for the return of the router or pay a £50.00 fine.  What should I do?

Cheers,

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi AnybodyHome

That's great news, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

AnybodyHome
Whizz Kid
Message 6 of 12

Hi Debbie,

Tried the new router for a week, no drop-outs and no loss of signal.  Perfect.  I've posted the faulty router back in the returns bag.  A big thank you for sorting this out so quickly, much appreciated!

Cheers,

Message 7 of 12

Hi AnybodyHome

No problem, please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie 🙂

AnybodyHome
Whizz Kid
Message 8 of 12

Thank you!

Message 9 of 12

Hi AnybodyHome

I have ordered you a different make and model of router for testing and a returns bag.

Please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive. Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

AnybodyHome
Whizz Kid
Message 10 of 12

Hi,

It's a DLink DSL-3782.  There are a couple of lights on the front, when connection is lost  the Internet light turns a solid red.  Sometimes turning it off for an hour and rebooting helps, but not always.  The unit has been faultless for the last 5 months but just feels like it's reached end of life because the gap between down times is getting shorter.

Cheers,

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 11 of 12

Hi @AnybodyHome,

What model of router do you have, is it one that just has a single LED on the front that is normally solid white, if so, when you have the problem does the light just change from solid white to solid amber ?

The staff here won't be around now until Monday, but they should be able to respond to this post early next week to help.