Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty hub: internet connection repeatedly drops

archon_2488
First Timer
Message 9 of 9

My TalkTalk WiFi hub is now around 2-3 years old. In the past few months, it has developed an issue with periodically losing its internet connection, and this seems to be getting worse. I have had a previous live chat with the TalkTalk technical support team, and this leads me to believe it is not a problem with local infrastructure but rather with the router.

When the problem occurs, the light on the hub's front panel starts to flash orange, indicating no internet access, and all my devices remain connected to the local network but lose internet access. I have been able to solve this only by power-cycling the hub, and I sometimes need to force my desktop to reconnect by physically disconnecting/reconnecting the network cable.

This issue usually occurs at least once a day, and it has occurred at least four times in the past 24 hours. Since I often work from home, this is becoming very inconvenient. I think I might need to request a replacement hub.

8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi

Glad our team could help.

Regards,

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

archon_2488
First Timer
Message 2 of 9

Hi, just letting you know that I've been using the new hub for about 24 hours now and there have been no issues with its performance, so I consider this issue resolved. Thanks!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi archon_2488

Please let us know how the connection compares with the replacement router.

@John19601- Please can you create your own topic on the Community, we can then look into this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

John19601
Chatterbox
Message 4 of 9

Hi, 

I have the same issues.

My hub has been disconnecting on a more frequent basis over the last months often needing a total switch off power down for 20 mins to get it to work correctly as sometimes when it reconnects I find i have lost all Wi fi but ethernet connection is fine. Last night it would not hold connection for more than about 5 mins and after going through the power up/ down procedure this morning it has not been a lot better.  Having phoned TalkTalk and completed at least 3 line checks today, which were all  good, I logged onto my hub which shows how long it has been connected. It is now just over the hour since it last disconnected, about the longest period today, but my speed is way down at 30Mps although my line speed is fine.  I hope your issues are resolved by your new hub. I think I need to

also request a replacement hub, as I cannot continue to work like this.

0 Likes

archon_2488
First Timer
Message 5 of 9

Thank you. My router has needed to be restarted almost hourly today and I feel its performance is getting worse.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi 

I'll get a replacement router out to you and see if this helps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

archon_2488
First Timer
Message 7 of 9

Hi Karl, done now.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 9

Hi

Can you please add your home phone number to your 'Community Profile' so I can pick this up for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes