Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Faulty new sagemcom fast 5364-3.t8 power cable

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
First Timer

I have had my router for only 9 days when suddenly it lost all power, the power cable did not work. I managed to find another similar power cable and booted up the router. However, my internet never connected again. 

I was in a live chat with Talktalk who say they believe there’s a fault on my phoneline and are sending out an engineer next week to the exchange to check.

however, I wonder if there is any connection between my power cable failing, and the router also failing to make a connection, both at the same time?

would it be possible for new hardware to be sent out, as I don’t feel comfortable using a power cable that isn’t associated with the router, and if the phone line isn’t the problem then at least the new router should hopefully be on its way. 

Many thanks,

Jade 

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi jadietemp welcome to the community your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear during Monday.

Hopefully the engineer will find the fault and the team here will be able to advise on the router.

The community is very busy, what took minutes can take hours. Be patient, avoid multiple posts and stay healthy, please.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Jade

I'm sorry to hear this.

I would need to send a replacement router not just a power cable on its own, will this be ok?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi, yes that would be great thank you,

Jade

Highlighted

Hi Jade

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Thanks

Debbie 🙂

Highlighted
First Timer

Thank you very much for the fast response, it is much appreciated,

Jade 

Highlighted

Hi Jade

No problem 🙂 Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi, I didn’t see the engineer on Monday (when i booked the appointment I specified that I wouldn’t be available between a certain time, and unfortunately this is when he tried to call round)

however I recieved my new router today and thought I would try it first before rearranging the engineer coming back.

it started up perfectly and the internet is now working fine. Thanks again for your help, I will return my old router as soon as possible

Highlighted

Hi Jade

Thanks for keeping us updated. Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Debbie