Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Upgrade - Slow Browsing Speeds

pbar100
Enlightened One
Message 18 of 18

TalkTalk recently gave me an 'upgrade' to fibre a couple of weeks ago. And certainly, speeds were very fast and internet pages loaded instantly for a few days afterwards so all was good.

However, for the past 3 days it has become very slow, some pages taking ages to load and/or failing. It is the same whether ethernet or wi-fi and on all devices.

It was much better on my previous fast broadband as I never had this happen then.

Please can this be looked into, thank you.

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

Hi pbar100

Ahh that's great and thank you for your kind feedback 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

pbar100
Enlightened One
Message 2 of 18

As it's been a few days now, I thought that I'd post back here just to mention that all has been ok, no obvious issues and nothing to complain about 🙂 You've been great Debbie, thanks very much again, for your help and solution. All the best.

Message 3 of 18

Hi pbar100

Thanks for your reply. If you do experience any issues with the connection over the weekend then please post back on this thread to let us know.

Thank you, You too 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 18

Thanks Debbie.

I have had a message from TalkTalk telling me that the outage was caused by a fault at the exchange/cabinet. So obviously that is a separate issue which we can leave aside.

Prior to this I was going to post a reply here saying that the connection has appeared stable and reliable with no obvious issues, and that your suggestion of a replacement router was indeed the fix. It is ironic that the outage prevented me from doing so 🙂

But certainly, the connection seemed to be ok, as it has been today. I shall wait a few days then hopefully pop back here to say that all's well that ends well.

Have a good weekend.

Message 5 of 18

Hi pbar100

Thanks for your reply.

If the connection continues to drop with the replacement router then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 18

Thank you for your reply Debbie.

It went off at approximately 2.00pm yesterday, and came back on around midnight.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 18

Hi pbar100

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line is showing in sync. How long were you unable to connect for?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 18

Unfortunately the router is flashing blue/orange and I seem to have a complete loss of broadband. I have tried the old router and that's not working either. Please will you look into this for me. Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 18

Hi pbar100

No problem 🙂

That's great news. If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

Thanks

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

Message 10 of 18

Thanks very much for your continued attention Debbie, very much aprpeciated.

Connection and new router have been hunky dory so far 🙂

Message 11 of 18

Hi pbar100

Thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

How has the connection been over the weekend?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 12 of 18

New router has arrived and is all set up, thank you very much Debbie.

Early signs are that it is much better with normal quick speeds. However, the previous router was fine for the first few days after the fibre upgrade, so I shall wait for a few days before sending the old one back if that's ok with you, so I can give the new one a proper test.

Will keep you updated with how this one is, here's hoping! 🙂

Thanks again for your speed and efficiency.

Message 13 of 18
0 Likes

Message 14 of 18

Superb, thank you very much Debbie.

Yes I shall be sure to post back the results when I've tried it.

Message 15 of 18

Hi pbar100

Thanks for your reply.

The router is on its way and a returns bag for your current router. There will be no charge for the replacement router.

Please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive. Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 16 of 18

Thanks for your continually quick responses Debbie, it's appreciated a great deal, really.

Yes, if you thnk that's best, I guess it makes sense to try another and see if that is the issue, thank you.

I think I've eliminated most things at my end, turned all devices off/on, tried only single devices, different browsers, restart router muliple times, checked cabling, startup sequences, etc etc, so I can only think it's either the connection or the router, yes.

Stange that it's been perfect and fast after the upgrade, and only the past few days where it's been so slow.

Please let me know if you need any info from me as regards to sending the replacement. (And I trust I won't be charged. I only say this as I was billed £50 when a replacement TV box was sent out some time ago).

Thank you very much.

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 17 of 18

Hi pbar100

I think we should send out one of our latest routers for testing, are you happy for me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes