Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre boost speed - will it increase

23 REPLIES 23
Boffee
Team Player

I have added fibre boost to my account and have only seen and increase fro 38mb to 45mb down load. I have had a couple of online chats who confirmed the line is ok. Will this speed increase with time automatically

Community Team

Hi Boffee,

Just to confirm, when did you add the boost as it can take DLM up to 10 days to fully optimise the connection?

Thanks

Boffee
Team Player

Only added boost a couple of days ago. Left the router off all last night hoping it would make a difference but no. I must admit I thought the broadband would start at a high speed then reduce rather as the line stabilise. Maybe I just need to wait more time. When do I expect to see any changes

Community Team

Hi

Your line is in sync at 45mb and all tests are clear.   The profile is set at 80mb so not a DLM issue.

Is your router at your master socket ?  Does this have a test socket, and if it does, does the sync speed increase if you connect to this with a filter.

Thanks

Karl. 

jimpy
Conversation Starter
think yourself lucky i went onto fiber boost August 8 and after calls and chats to talktalk told to wait another 14 days from August 13 to see if it gets any better my speed before "Fibre boost" was 32 mb (Average) with Fibre Boost its 33mb (average) seen it down to 29.5mb Was it worth the extra money TalkTalk ????
Thank You ! Posted By Jimpy From Staffordshire
Boffee
Team Player

Thank you for your help.

Just tried the test socket and it increased only 0.2MB (using a filter) i.e.45.7 instead of 45.5.

Upload is fine at 18.7MB

Perhaps best to leave it a few days to see what happens.

Thanks again for checking things out

Community Team

Hi jimpy

If you start your own thread (new message), wed love to help.

Weve found that posting in someone elses conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

Its easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl

Community Team

Hi Boffee

You can monitor for a couple of days if you want to.  Do you have another router to test with to rule out a hardware issue ?

If no improvement then this will need an engineer to investigate.

Thanks

Karl. 

Boffee
Team Player

Hi Karl.

I will give it a couple of days and I have an older router which I could try if nothing improves.

Thanks for all your help so far.

Community Team

Hi Boffee

Thanks for your reply.

Please let us know how you get on.

Debbie

Boffee
Team Player

Hi

I have given the Fibre boost a good few days now to see if the speed increases.

A couple of days ago the line I noticed the  "UP" time of the router was restarted - assume automatically by the DLM and the download increased very slightly to 46.2.

Overall my fibre boost has been a little disappointing - I don't know if anything else can be done. Will more time see an increase?

I was getting nearly the high 30's before the boost.

jimpy
Conversation Starter

Hi Boffee,

wish i I could say I was getting low 40s just seem to be stuck on 30-32 been on this before getting the supposed Boost (have doubts as I have been put onto Boost) seems I am deeper in the PO pile than you!! what I have noticed over the years with talktalk is that there is a lack of care to there customers and the people you talk or chat too CAN speak The English language but do not understand it !

I’ m still only getting 32 this since  going on Boost August 8 and still waiting for manager to phone me some 5 days later. Or answer from the community oce. 

Maybe I WILL have to phone them!!

Thank You ! Posted By Jimpy From Staffordshire
Community Team

Hi Boffee

Did you test with a different router?

Thanks

Debbie

Boffee
Team Player

No. As a bit concerned that keep turning off the router will slow my speed because of the DLM.

Will unplugging my router slow the line speed down?

Keith

Community Team

Hi Keith

Thanks for your reply.

I can send a replacement router for testing. DLM will then start to monitor the connection with the new router connected and we advise to allow 48hrs for DLM to make changes to the line profile/speed.

Would you like me to send a router for testing?

Thanks

Debbie

Boffee
Team Player

Hi Debbie

If you believe a new router could help then yes please. 

Thanks,

Keith

Community Team

Hi Keith

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Boffee
Team Player

Hi Debbie

Thanks for your help.

Keith

Community Team
Boffee
Team Player

Hi Debbie

My test router should arrive today.

But one question I would like to ask is that - when I do a service status check I get an "Estimated Speed of 38 -39mb/s and actual 46". Whey is the estimated speed so low when on fibre boost using service status?

Kind regards,  Keith