Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Firmware update for WiFi Hub to enable IP reservations

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Chatterbox

I have just upgraded from a super router to the new hub and need to be able to assign static / reserved IP addresses. Reading elsewhere on the forum it seems I need a firmware update. I currently have SG4K10001400t, but I understand from these other threads that the current version that includes a fix is 1e00t (there maybe an even later version).

How do I get TalkTalk to push this to my router ASAP so that my static IP devices can be accessed easily, especially my printer ?

thanks

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi icesteelman

I've updated your router firmware, please let us know how the connection compares following this.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Thanks for the quick response Debbie 🙂

Working today but will check out the router tonight.

Cheers

Hi icesteelman

No problem, please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie 🙂

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi Debbie

Just checked the router and the firmware is now showing as version SG4K10002600t. I can see the green "Reserve IP" button against each device so at least I can reserve the currently allocated IP number when my printer is first switched on. Have had to re-configure the laptops etc. to use the correct address as I had a different one assigned previously since I could manually enter the IP number to be reserved but it's all sorted now.

Many thanks for you prompt help.

Simon

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Further update if anyone is interested. With this firmware version you can  also manually assign specific IP addresses to a MAC / Device id on the DHCP page of the Wi-Fi Hub advanced settings.

Simon

Highlighted

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the update and please let us know if you need any assistance.

Thanks

Highlighted
Chatterbox
All is good for me with this Firmware version.

Thanks again

Simon