Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fix slow broadband speed

srana
Team Player

@OCE_Debbie 

Can you please let me know the status of this issue.As its its not stable and very slow.

Thanks
Saloni
Community Team

Hi srana

Apologies for the delay.

I have requested an update on this fault from our Network Team and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi srana

Our Network Team have updated your router firmware version and have asked if you can monitor the connection over the next 24hrs and let us know how it compares.

Thanks

Debbie

srana
Team Player

@OCE_Debbie 

Its still under 2 Mbps .I don't know how you are going to fix it. Its already more than three months and service status is still the same :(.

I have also upgraded my broadband plan to faster Fiber and go-live date for that is 3rd of Sep.

Thanks
Saloni
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

I'm just having a look at your connection but the router is not in sync.  Have you turned this off ?

Thanks

Karl. 

srana
Team Player

@OCE_Karl 

It's not off. But the connection is unstable and very slow. I am assuming Talktalk team is doing some tests ?

Thanks
Saloni
Community Team

Hi

I can see this is back on line now.

There are errors on the line but the tests are showing clear.

Next option is to request an engineer as this is the only way forward.  Alternatively you can wait until this is upgraded to Fibre on Tuesday.  The decision is your's, how would you like me to proceed.

Thanks

Karl. 

srana
Team Player

@OCE_Karl 

If there is an issue with the line,I dont think Fibre upgrade is going to resolve it.Could you please arrange an engineer and let me the next available appointments so that I can plan accordingly?

Thanks
Saloni
Community Team

Hi

If the issue is with the section of line from the cabinet to the house, then totally agree.  If the issue is further down the line or with the exchange port etc then this would be different with fibre, so your call.

I'll drop you a PM with the info required to book an engineer if you do want to proceed.

Thanks

Karl. 

srana
Team Player

@OCE_Karl 

sent a PM with the details. Please arrange an appointment.

Thanks
Saloni
srana
Team Player

@OCE_Karl . @OCE_Debbie 

its resolved now as my broadband is upgraded to Faster fibre.I also received WIFI Hub router but not able to connect with the new router however its working fine with an older router.I think there is an issue with the new WIFI Hub router.

Thanks
Saloni
Community Team

Hi srana

Apologies for this.

Please can you try factory resetting the Wifi Hub using the pin hole reset for ten seconds?

Thanks

Debbie

srana
Team Player

@OCE_Debbie 

I did factory reset and its working now 🙂

Thanks
Saloni
Community Team

Hi srana

That's great, thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

Debbie