Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing Amber light

Amyban
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

Had email last night to say my WiFi has gone live, but the light on router is just flashing Amber? 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Amy

I'm showing a connection now, are you able to go online ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

It really helps hugely if you can listen to the line,  @Amyban. See if you can borrow a phone to plug in.

You definitely need to set up "My Account".

When you plug in the phone,  dial 17070, and it should read back your phone number.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi, iv tried switching it off and back on, I don't have a headset to test the line, but we only switched from one WiFi provider to TT, I'm currently trying to find the letter that had the landline number on it to set up account as we do not use a land line, the light is still flashing Amber 🙄

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Hi, iv tried switching it off and back on, I don't have a headset to test the line, but we only switched from one WiFi provider to TT, I'm currently trying to find the letter that had the landline number on it to set up account as we do not use a land line, the light is still flashing Amber 🙄

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Please complete your community forum profile details,  @Amyban.

Go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard; make sure you put in your landline phone number and a fallback mobile phone number; click finish to save. 

This is for staff to identify your account. 

Meanwhile, try switching the router off for a full 30 minutes. See if it connects properly after that.

Only try that once, then leave it switched on.

Also check that you have a landline connection. Plug in a handset to check that the line sounds correctly. 

Staff reply during the day Monday to Friday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes