Flashing green light on router, no internet

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Flashing green light on router but no internet for 2 days

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Nephnake 

Could you please try turning off and unplugging your router for at least 30 minutes, this will clear your current session and start a new one when you restart your router. Could you check that you have a static free dialling tone on your phone.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Thank you, yes I've tried turning it off and unplugging everything. I do have a dialling tone. Any other suggestions?

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Nephnake

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults and the line is showing in sync and connected.

Are you still experiencing this fault?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi Debbie, yes still the same problem. Can you help?

Highlighted

Hi Nephnake

Ok, please can you power down the router for a full 30 minutes and then try and connect again after this?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Yes, it's now off. Thank you

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi Debbie, the lights are still flashing but the internet is working. What changed?

Highlighted

Hi Nephnake,

Thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear this. Looks like the router took longer than usual to authenticate. Is everything ok with the stability and speed of your connection?

Thanks

Highlighted
First Timer

Having the same problem nearly a week now. I tried everything. I took the main socket out for more then 20 minutes, on and off the router, hold on the setting button for few second then put everything on but still the internet not working. I can see only power and wireless green lights are flashing.

I have contacted Talktalk many times regarding the issue but Talktalk don't resolve it. Every time i contact them they say technical department will call back. A week still waiting for their call, if Talktalk don't contact by today, i have no choice but to leave them. It's seems like Talktalk don't care about it's customer, they don't take any issue seriously.

Sj
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Syedajesmin89 

Could you please start your own thread for support as each problem is individual and needs investigating separately.

IMPORTANT

Could you please also ensure that your community profile includes your PHONE NUMBER as OCE's will need this to tie up your screen name to your account. (click on your avatar to view the information > Settings > Launch Profile Wizard,put your phone number in box, then scroll to the bottom of page and click save) Only you and the OCE's can view this information.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.