Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flexibility to add speed boost

santoshbt
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

Hi,

Currently I have speed boost to my broadband. I want to experience the speed by removing the speed booster for some days and add it back if I am not satisfied. Is it possible?

Thanks

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

santoshbt
First Timer
Message 1 of 7

Thanks all for your advise.

I am on Faster Fibre currently. Also I know that, Talktalk will increase the price every year.

I will stay with it, till the end of contract and then take my decision.

Message 2 of 7

@santoshbt wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

I wanted to see, if the downgraded one is good enough to meet the internet requirements for me.

It is due to the cost, they charge £28, which I feel other services are cheaper comparatively.

I would advise you check when your contract end date is and nearer the time call the Loyalty Team to see what they can do for you. You should be able to get Fibre65 (equivalent to what you have now) for less than £28 (not including any other phone call boosts etc).

Is there actually going to be much difference in speed if you downgrade to Fibre35? What speeds are you getting now?

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 3 of 7

There's so little in it, @santoshbt:

https://kenstechtips.com/index.php/talktalk-broadband-review

However, what this reviewer is looking at is new deals.

You are on a legacy package, but if you are more than 90 days from renewal, you will likely be charged a fee for fiddling with the package at this stage in your contract. 

When it is time to renew, you could ask to be put onto Fibre35. 

That will give you a cooling off period. You could then see if it suits your purposes. If it doesn't seem adequate, you can change your mind, but would be put back onto the nearest equivalent package to what you currently have, now called Fibre65.

Any new contract must spell out your expected line speeds and your guaranteed minimum speed.

You can already see your line's minimum guaranteed speed if you go to the "speeds to your router" section in Speed Centre. 

There is little or no difference in price between the Fibre65 and Fibre35 contracts, so not worth switching on financial grounds alone.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Thanks for the reply.

I wanted to see, if the downgraded one is good enough to meet the internet requirements for me.

It is due to the cost, they charge £28, which I feel other services are cheaper comparatively.

0 Likes

AllyM
Insightful One
Message 5 of 7

@santoshbt ,The Faster Fibre package with speed boost which I assume you are on has been renamed Fibre65 and the one without speed boost has been renamed Fibre35 and as @Gliwmaeden2 says, switching back and forward between packages for a few days at a time isn't really a feasible option.

I'm wondering though what you mean by "experience" the speed.

Can you not judge whether the Fibre35 speeds would be sufficient for you without "experiencing" it?

I'm also wondering why you are considering a downgrade. Is it cost?

As @Gliwmaeden2 says, there are admin fees applied for changing your package mid-contract but if your contract is close to the end, you could phone the Loyalty Team to see what deal they would give you to renew. You may find that the cost for Fibre35 is not much cheaper (or any cheaper at all) than Fibre65.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Removing the speedboost is like changing the package. 

It would be like switching from Fibre65 to Fibre35 for a few days.

If you switch package mid contract, before the final 90 days, they charge you an admin fee, @santoshbt.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.