Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fluctuating Broadband

ChrisMM
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

I have been suffering with fluctuating broad band for a few days (coincidentally since my neighbour had an Open Reach engineer out to fix their broadband - which was traced back to the local box).

Sometimes it will hit 4mbps, then it will drop down to 0.12mbs. 

I have been through the full troubleshooting guides and changed the channels on the router a few times but I am still having issues.

Wifi Box is only 4 months old as is the BT socket as these had to be replaced when I moved into this house 4 months ago.

Any ideas?

Chris

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi Chris,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. Just to confirm, how does the speed compare of you connect wired?

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi @ChrisMM,

Do you have any devices 'wired' to the router that you can run speed tests with, as if you still have the issues on wired devices then you don't need to worry about Wi-Fi channels etc, as you will know it it nothing to do with your Wi-Fi.

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

The staff on this community won't be around until Monday now, so you may get faster support by using the live chat over the weekend, however the staff here should respond to this topic early next week to help if you are still having issues.

0 Likes