Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Genuinely the worst customer experience

lukeguy93
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

A "technical glitch" caused my functioning broadband to be cancelled. Had to call up, spend an hour on the phone making a new order, new order placed, broadband being back live delayed by 2 weeks due to this. This new order is then "rejected", I must call up to cancel it. Spend another hour on the phone. Once cancelled, I’m told call back in 24 hours to place new order. Call back about 27 hours later, order not yet cancelled please call back tomorrow. Also, about that new order, you can't get the package you want because the exchange is full, you must pay for a worse package and then upgrade.

End result of all this, I've been without broadband for 2 weeks now while working from home, when it was previously working fine, and I still have no order placed or a time estimate on when it'll be back. My guess is 2077 at this rate.

The worst thing is, I can put all this down to technical issues and bad systems, but even worse, is the actual customer service. On the phone you get about 20 minutes of being bounced around to different teams, 20 more minutes of scripted customer niceties like "I appreciate your time today thank you very much we love having you as a customer". Just talk to me like a human solve my problem, it's so cringe and transparent. Just get my broadband running that's literally all I want.

I was offered 3 months' free service for my issues, but I just want broadband back without having to sit on the phone and live chat to a human robot for 1 hour a day.

Cannot describe how much of a joke they are. Beholden to Openreach’s system they're just a glorified broker with the hands-down worst customer experience I’ve ever seen from a company. Teams don't talk to each other so you're constantly repeating yourself, calls hung up randomly, live chat disconnected if you don't reply within a second, the automated phone system on the general contact number is like talking to a brick wall, he asks for your landline number followed by the hash key and it genuinely never works.

To end this, I am not an unreasonable customer. The service before this debacle was ok, broadband was decent and a good price. I'm sure if you had a quick query or wanted a minor change, their customer service would be adequate, but give them an issue to deal with and they fall apart.

Advice: take away the scripts from your customer service teams so they don’t have to talk garbage for 90% of the call, and train them to do different things, I shouldn’t have to be bounced around 6 times to accomplish slightly different tasks.

2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi lukeguy93, I'm sorry you've had problems. I'll happily take a look at this for you. I've sent you a personal message to get more information. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

@lukeguy93, you've posted this twice, so I'll remove the duplicate thread. 

If you want help from staff, they will need to identify your account. Please go via your avatar/name; settings; Profile Wizard. 

Staff reply during the day, Monday to Friday, so there's a chance that this won't now be picked up until after the weekend. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.