Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Global Protect VPN issues

7 REPLIES 7
gazza37
Visitor

For work we have changed from Cisco to Global Protect for VPN access.  Cisco worked fine but with Global Protect I can no longer access some of my company servers, preventing me from working from home. 

I have a HG635 router.  

My work IT suggest it could be due to DNS re-direct and have told me to ask TalkTalk to turn this off, but in a chat with TalkTalk.they just said:

"TalkTalk only provide dynamic IP addresses to our customers for technical reasons. This means you won't be able to connect to VPN that requires a static IP address. However, there are ways of getting around this, like setting up a Dynamic DNS"

They did provide a link to a forum, which doesn't work. But for a non-technical IT person like myself, who due to childcare need this to work,is not very helpful.  So any advice or help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Gary

Gary Wilson
Community Team

Hi Gary

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Debbie

gazza37
Visitor

@OCE_Debbie I have updated my profile

Gary Wilson
Community Team

Hi Gary

Thank you. Is the telephone number in your Community Profile the correct number for your landline? (please do not post the number on this thread)

Thanks

Debbie

gazza37
Visitor
No - although we have a talktalk number we don't actually have a phone to use it. Should I change it anyway?
Gary Wilson
gazza37
Visitor

@OCE_Debbie I have changed this so the phone number is my Talktalk number (although can't use it) and the alternative number is the number that can be used to contact me if needed,

Gary Wilson
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Gary

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I've checked and your router has the latest firmware version which should work ok with VPN.

Have you tried factory resetting the router using the pin hole reset for ten seconds?

Thanks

Debbie