Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Go Live date on home move.

Joshee23
First Timer
Message 10 of 10

Hey everyone,

I have recently moved flat from the 3rd floor to the ground floor of the same building. 

When selecting the 'move home' date on talktalk a couple of weeks ago, the earliest one they could do was 07/09/2021 and cancelled my existing line on 06/09/2021, so naturally I chose that one. 

I have plugged in the router today to be shown it just has an orange light and no internet. I rang up the 'customer services' (if you could call it that.) to be told that my Go Live date is now 10/09/2021???

I work from home and have been forced to use my 4G hotspot on my phone (again not the best when trying to work from home, screenshare / call people) 

I tried to put in a complaint but essentially was told 'no nothing we can do' by the call centre staff, I requested a dongle or something be sent out but no nothing.

As a customer for the past 4 years that has had no issues I find this extremely annoying to be treated this way / misled when moving home.

If anyone could provide any insight / help to try and atleast remedy the situation it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Josh

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Morning,

Thank you for the update and I'm really sorry that this didn't go smoothly for you. Please let us know if there is any else that we can help with.

Thanks

0 Likes

Joshee23
First Timer
Message 2 of 10

Openreach engineer came and fixed the line. Have a new router en route, have gone and purchased a router in the meantime until the talktalk one arrives and can confirm I am getting upwards of 50mb download now. 

Glad its working but the general customer service apart from a few folks on here and 1 live chat agent has been abysmal. 

After having to use my hotspot for over a week whilst it was sorted, it certainly wasn't a peace of mind experience and would not recommend others to do it.

Thanks

Josh

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi Joshee23

I'm sorry to hear this.

I can see that this fault has been raised to Openreach and an engineer visit has been arranged for 13/09 PM (1pm - 6pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 4 of 10

It might be worth switching off the router for a minimum 30 minutes, @Joshee23

When you switch it back on, leave it on until staff tell you otherwise when they reach your thread. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Joshee23
First Timer
Message 5 of 10

Okay I am live now after spending the morning onto chat. Internet is EXTREMELY slow now (between 0.2 and 1 mbps) when guaranteed minimum speed is 32.2. 

If someone could look into this after the weekend it would be greatly appreciated as the 2nd live chat person I spoke to didn't seem to understand what I was saying / very helpful.

0 Likes

Joshee23
First Timer
Message 6 of 10

Just as I thought from the countless other topics on this subject my internet is still showing 'connectionerror.testingbb' webpage when I try to connect to internet.

Line is fine when run the test from the TalkTalk account page

Have reset router

Have turned off router and waited 20 mins and turned back on

Light is bright white on the front which indicates its fine

Admin page indicates everything is connected

It just needs authenticating on the network, really disappointing to have this experience. Firstly giving false moving dates and then it not working on the date THEY said after the initial date THEY gave when moving home. 

Will be ringing customer support (if you can call it that) and checking with the live chat first thing in the morning. 

Incurred extremely high hotspot bills given the fact of working from home and no compensation for it. (Oh and I will be paying for my bill for this downtime aswell?) 

Thanks

Josh

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 7 of 10

Look for any staff replies after the weekend on this thread, @Joshee23.

I'll move your other one out of the way as a duplicate.

Post back on here if you still need help. 

0 Likes

Joshee23
First Timer
Message 8 of 10

Hi

Thanks for that, so the go-live date is today.  I posted another thread about how I was getting a connectionerror.testingbb throughout the whole day but still no internet even though line is active and working when I run the test on the TalkTalk account page.

If it's not online in 26 mins I will update that thread and will be ringing them in the morning, it is a common error from what I have seen and they need to authenticate my line. 

Thanks for escalating this one though. 

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

@Joshee23, because this website doesn't work very well, your thread didn't escalate for staff attention. 

I'll do this now. If nothing else, Talktalk owes you an apology for messing you around. 

Are you set up properly now? It can take up to midnight on the day to go live.

Your thread will now be in the queue for attention from staff. They respond Monday to Friday. 

0 Likes