Chatterbox

Hi all 

I had engineer at 9 am setting WiFi ,phone line up 

still no access to internet ? 

How long does it take to go online ? 

Thanks in advance 

Divsec
Community Star

Hi Mike, welcome to the community your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear shortly, in the meantime please check your community profile and add your landline phone number if necessary it is used to identify your account, please don't post personal details here.

Usually up to midnight is the answer to your question but things can go wrong and the team here will advise.

Regards Divsec, I don't work here, know little, and have too many opinions.
Community Team

Hi Mike731

Can you add the home phone number or account number to your Community Profile so we can locate your details and look into this for you.

Thanks

Karl. 

Mike731
Chatterbox
I have added my number to profile
I must say I’ve had zero help customer support a joke
.still very week WiFi. Not what I was promised .how do I leave contract
ferguson
Community Star

Hey @Mike731 it has taken you a week to respond with your updated details so at least give the support team here a chance to help.

If you want to cancel look at the help article.

Mike731
Chatterbox

It has indeed been a week because I’ve been trying to get this sorted with phone calls text etc 

customer service atrocious to say the least. What a total joke 

WiFi barely downloading ,Done all the  checks etc  only getting download speed of 23  as promised 35

upload speed  6,7  Promised 9

cant do nothing with that. Sorry guys to be blunt but really had it  

ferguson
Community Star

Well it could well be that you need to optimise your wifi settings, like I said if you are prepared to wait for another day or so then the support team here will gladly look into this for you.

Mike731
Chatterbox
Hi
I shall indeed wait a day .
I have done all that ,and customer service from Africa have done all the optimising too ,Apparently .
Open reach engineer assured me there was no fault in line when he was at my flat . Thanks again
Community Team

Hi Mike731,

I'm sorry for the delay and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and the sync speed looks good. Just to confirm, is it only the wireless speed which is slow? Are the wired speeds ok? Have you also tried switching the router off for a full 30 minutes and then retested the speed as this will reset the current session?

Thanks

Mike731
Chatterbox
Good morning Michelle ,and thanks for your reply and your help indeed there is no fault on the line ,an open reach engineer confirmed this when fitting and going live
Still slow on up load download speeds ,wired too
I’ve done 3test this morning online with different companies including talk talk the average Download speed is 24 today ,average upload speed today is 8,1
I’m not trying to be a pain. But there is no problem at my side I’m pretty sure it’s just poor service on the internet side I need better for my work .
I’ve done everything possible with router resetting etc
I shouldn’t need to do this ,with such a new provider
I’ve phoned up yesterday AGAIN to complain only to be told the same scripted nonsense
I know your trying your best Michelle but Talk Talk never got voted worse customer service this year for nothing
Even when streaming a film does not work Downloads take ages ,
When I asked about my requirements I was told this package was more than enough
So feel very let down ,I should have stayed with Virgin Media
Mike731
Chatterbox

80ECCAFF-5C33-4A13-9334-668746CA298B.png

 The recent test at 9.20 am 

Community Team

Hi Mike,

Could you run a couple of speed test now on the My Account speed checker on a device connected by Ethernet cable to your router (can you try to make sure that no other devices/applications accessing the internet at the time)

Chris

Mike731
Chatterbox
Hi Chris done a test still not what I’ve been promised Slightly better on the upload but to be honest not great
Community Team

Thanks for running the speed tests. Did you run the tests on a device connected to the router by Ethernet cable? Were any other devices accessing the internet at the time that you ran the speed tests?

Chris

Mike731
Chatterbox
Hi Chris
I’ve done one test WiFi only .Then ethinet cable direct access to router both to no avail .
I know your trying to help I appreciate this but I think it’s down to Talk Talk with poor internet services ,
Don’t get me wrong I have internet access ,but unfortunately not what they promised
I’ve read a lot of posts on here suggesting poor internet service that is the cause nothing to do with router points ,telephone line etc
The facts are clear I was promised I service I did not receive
So this ,I have come to the conclusion
I’m better off giving my cash to another provider
,and claim compensation from Talk Talk in which I’m entitled
To do so

Community Team

Hi Mike

I can only see one speed test result today, that was at 11:37

Your sync speed is fine, it's strange that your throughput speed is so low on a wired connection. Can I just ask if you switched your router off for 30 minutes when Michelle asked you too?

Chris

Community Team

Hi Mike731,

Thanks for the PM

As requested there's information here about cancelling your TalkTalk service, please also see our Complaint Process

Thanks

Chris