Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guaranteed minimum broadband Fibre 65 speed

viticella
Participant
Message 8 of 8

I'm in the process of deciding whether to stay with TalkTalk after my contract ends.  My present download speed for Faster Fibre (with a speed boost) is about 52mbs.  This costly package is no longer available and has been replaced by Fibre 65.  (Appears cheaper).

Although the new Fibre 65 claims average download speed of 67mbs, the guaranteed min.  speed is now only 41 mbs.  A few weeks ago, this guaranteed minimum was 49 mbs.  What is happening?  Hardly an incentive to renew.

7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi viticella

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults and your line is in sync at 55.3mb

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so I can check the predicted speed range for your line.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

I was on for a couple of hours today with my fibre 65 (17/5/21) only getting 33 to 35mb he suggested an engineer visit at a cost of £40 not happy been with talktalk for years poor customer service so would appreciate help

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Yes please

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 8

Hi viticella,

I'm sorry for the delay. Would you like us to take a look at your connection and run some tests?

Thanks

Message 5 of 8

OK, well you can switch to another provider on the Openreach network if you prefer and see if their service is better. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

I'm not really convinced it's a way of managing my expectations.  I'm already disappointed that my speeds have fallen during the last six months - from high 60s to low 50s.  I can't complain because I'm told 67 mbs is only an average.  If I accept that 41 is to be the new minimum speed, I have no grounds for complaints if the speed drops even further.
I see this as a real disincentive.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

The guaranteed minimum is just that, a conservative estimate brought about by regulators trying to manage customer expectations. Fibre 65 is in essence exactly the same product as Faster Fibre with Speed Boost, only the name has changed. So you should see no difference in actual performance. 

0 Likes