cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

HG633 ROUTER

14 REPLIES
Highlighted
Rodders1812
Chatterbox

Hi

I have adsl+ with HG633 router and every now and then the router decides to reboot itself.   Blankety-blank   annoying when playing online poker.

Firmware is H 1.01 and v1.22t

Please help it's driving me mad... 

Rodders
Gondola
Community Star

Hi Rodders

First-aid has been called and this topic is awaiting the attention of the TalkTalk Community support team of OCE's and they'll respond to you right here to help you regarding a router firmware update.

Updates are delivered by Remote Management so just make sure your router has this re-enabled if you've previously switched it off.

Leave your router powered and connected to the line until you hear from the OCE's.  They'll check the router and apply the update.

Gondola - I'm a TVPlus customer * Try TalkTalk CallSafe to stop scam calls
Community Team

Hi Rodders1812

I've updated your router firmware, see if this is better.

Thanks

Karl. 

Rodders1812
Chatterbox
Thanks Karl
It went off earlier, probably you doing the firmware update.
All seems good for now 🙂
Rodders
Community Team

Ok, test and any issues let me know.

Thanks

Karl. 

Rodders1812
Chatterbox

Can an OCE please help, getting random disconnections on my broadband again. Carl updated firmware last time and all seemed fine but last couple of days random drop outs again. 

Rodders
Community Team

Hi Rodders1812

I'm sorry to hear this.

Your line is showing in sync and connected for just over 2 days and 20 hours with no drops in connection.

Are you connected wired or wireless when you experience the drops in connection?

Thanks

Debbie

Rodders1812
Chatterbox

Hi Debbie 

It would drop out using wifi, so I bought a 5m lead so now laptop is wired and all seems OK for now. 

Thanks for your reply, I will let you know if it starts dropping out again. 

Rodders
Community Team

Hi Rodders1812

Thanks for keeping us updated.

If you do connect wireless again then it would be worth testing different wireless channels to see how the connection compares.

How do I change my wireless channel

Thanks

Debbie

Rodders1812
Chatterbox

Can an OCE help please... 

The disconnections are a lot better but noticed that I'm not getting my guaranteed min. speed of 8mbps. All the speed tests are resulting in about 6mbps including the one on talktalk site. 

Could you check my line, my phone did come up with line fault yesterday, with lots of drop outs and speed has been constantly slower since then. 

I'm using wired connection to new laptop, plugged into master socket and everything that uses the Internet is off. 

Rodders
Community Team

Hi Rodders1812,

I've run a test on the line which has detected a potential fault. Just to confirm, are you experiencing any issues with the phone service such as no dial tone or any noise on the line?

A voice fault can affect the broadband connection so we would need to raise this first.

Thanks

Rodders1812
Chatterbox

Yes, when it drops out I check dial tone on phone and it's gone or very crackly. 

Rodders
Community Team

Hi Rodders1812

Thanks for your reply.

Is the noise on the line still present if you test with a corded handset at the test socket with the router removed? Once we have confirmed this then we can raise this fault over to our Network Team for investigation.

Thanks

Debbie

Rodders1812
Chatterbox

Hi 

All was working fine this morning 9.30, went out and when I came home about 14.00 there was no Internet and the landline had gone also. 

Tonight 21.30 the Internet came back albeit with the slow speed but the landline is still gone, phone says its line fault. 

Rang talktalk auto line fault checker, received an SMS saying engineer booked. 

Rodders
Community Team

Hi Rodders1812

Thanks for your reply.

Please let us know how you get on following the engineer visit.

Debbie