Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

HG633 VPN problem

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
First Timer

Hi,

I have been using the HG633 with VPN for work regularly for the last year.  On Thursday the connection to another computer I RDP onto was lost and I got 4 connection retries before success and the connection was lost again on Friday and I got a full 20 retries before failure and I have been unable to connect ever since.  The VPN itself appears to connect but I cannot RDP onto or even ping computers on the network. I have Hardware H.1.01 and Software v2.00t

My company says everything appears to be fine at their end.

Any thought on this?

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi descf

Apologies for this.

VPN should work ok on this router and firmware version.

Have you tried factory resetting the router using the pin hole reset for 10 seconds?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Community Star

With V2.00 firmware there are no known issues as far as VPN is concerned. When the VPN connects, are you allocated an IP address within your company's IP network range?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Chatterbox
I am also experiencing the same issue with this router
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi John Matthissen

If you start your own thread (new message), wed love to help.

Weve found that posting in someone elses conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

Its easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE